Black SCab 802A Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spencerh84

Reaction score
Placed my order 8-21-16 truck was built 10-20-16 and finally took possession 1-14-17.

This is my first truck and my first new car and I couldn’t be happier. I came from a 2004 Ford Ex Limited V8 AWD so the tech is a giant leap for me. I took a round trip 400 mile roundtrip this past weekend and I am amazed at its on-road manners. I thought the adaptive cruise control and lane assist was an overkill feature when I ordered the truck but now that I have used it, I am glad I checked the box. The truck is extremely comfortable and the sync3 infotainment system is very intuitive IMO. Really can’t say the same for the Apple CarPlay. The limited Apps that run through CarPlay is disappointing. I use Waze and CarPlay will not mirror this app.

I am pleased with the Scab size. For my needs (no kids) the back seat has plenty of room and it’s nearly identical to my 4 door explorer.

The power in this truck is unbelievable and my wife makes fun of me because she says I am smiling like an idiot every second I’m behind the wheel. I do admit that it would be even more BA if there was a V8 sound but I came to terms with this before I made the order. I equate this to F1 fans crying about the sound post V10/V8 era. This is (sadly) the sound of the future and I understand that extreme sound=loss of energy and a turbo (in theory) is capturing that energy and re-using it.

•Tech has blown my mind, love the Sync3 and information screen between the dials.
•Truck is beautiful and no issues with scratches/swirls on delivery
•Hwy cruising has surpassed expectations and there is little to no road noise from the K02s.
•Sport mode just makes me smile.
•The Turbo spool up sound.
•360 camera view makes maneuvering in tight spaces very manageable.

Dislikes
•Exhaust V6 drone not my fav but growing on me.
•Wish you could program default mode (Sport mode with auto stop would be my default)
•Wish there was a way to disable to double honk when key fob leaves cab with engine running.
•Loading of sync3 takes 20 seconds too long at start up. Spoiled with fast computers and phones in my life and the load speed bothers me but I’m really nit-picking here.

Upgrades/Accessories
•Stubby Ant – Done
•LED License Plate lights –Done
•Front Window Tint – This week
•Bullet Bed liner and lined rear wheel wells – This week
•Pace Edwards Switchblade Tonneau Cover
•Black powder coat rims
•Mirror Tap Radar Detector
•Fog/Spot lights for front bumper openings (fordraptorlights.com)

Attachments

• IMG_2169.jpg
    IMG_2169.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_2168.jpg
    IMG_2168.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 97