Black Roof Wrap Yes or No

Yes or No

• Yes, very cool look!

Votes: 38 71.7%
  • No! why would you cover up a beautiful color like AG??

Votes: 15 28.3%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DIO

Reaction score
Hey all.

I'm taking my AG to get a full front end clear bra installed and was kinda thinking about getting the roof wrapped in gloss black while I'm at it. Maybe even the sideview mirrors too. I don't have a moonroof so it's kinda bare up there.

Thoughts?

I know this is completely subjective, but I do value the opinions of this community. :) Thanks!

:win:

BangBang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who will see it?
I googled an AG Raptor with black wrapped roof and found one. Looking at you couldn't really see the effect. Or, it was the moon roof.
It did have the hood partially black wrapped that look Sweet.

It really is up to you! I know I like stuff that people ask, "Why?"

I am impartial, because I am a firm believer that I don't pay your bills so I don't get a say in how you spend your money.

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

Here it is on the forum
It does look sweet, once a found a hi-res and enlarged the pic.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f264/hood-roof-wrapped-avalanche-grey-54979/

OP
OP
D

DIO

Reaction score
Who will see it?
I googled an AG Raptor with black wrapped roof and found one. Looking at you couldn't really see the effect. Or, it was the moon roof.
It did have the hood partially black wrapped that look Sweet.

It really is up to you! I know I like stuff that people ask, "Why?"

I am impartial, because I am a firm believer that I don't pay your bills so I don't get a say in how you spend your money.

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

Here it is on the forum
It does look sweet, once a found a hi-res and enlarged the pic.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f264/hood-roof-wrapped-avalanche-grey-54979/

That is a good point huh considering how tall the truck is. Regarding cost the guy was just going to do it for free since I'm spending a good amount on clear bra and ceramic.

Appreciate the input!

ROCKETW19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all.

I'm taking my AG to get a full front end clear bra installed and was kinda thinking about getting the roof wrapped in gloss black while I'm at it. Maybe even the sideview mirrors too. I don't have a moonroof so it's kinda bare up there.

Thoughts?

I know this is completely subjective, but I do value the opinions of this community. :) Thanks!

:win:

man who cares what other think? its your truck if you like it do it.
I have painted my roof gloss black on a white CTSV car before and it looked bad ass after. it was a nice flow from front windshield all the way to back window. no idea if you will notice it on a truck im looking at mine as I type but mine is black so I cant picture it.
if it is free just do it if you don't like it take it off. it will prob look good anyways.

ROCKETW19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Click on the red words in my post. That is a link to photos of an actual AG with black wrapped roof.

that looks good even the hood like you said. I like it but im nobody. OP its your truck don't seek approval from guys on the internet do you.

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not really feeling it on the SCREW...looks kind of "incomplete" from the rear view. I did wrap my GT350's roof in gloss black and it came out great. Good thing is if you ever want to go back you can simply peel it off. I also ordered a spare sat antenna - was under $30.00 and painted it Shadow black, so I have the original color should I ever want to go back to the Lightning Blue.

07Alloy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2b1f932e9ca74522c7388ec0aa976317.jpg

Did it on my Gen 1. I love it personally. This pic is best i have of it right now.

If he will do it for free then yes definitely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

2b1f932e9ca74522c7388ec0aa976317.jpg

Did it on my Gen 1. I love it personally. This pic is best i have of it right now.

If he will do it for free then yes definitely.

And it looks best from the back in my opinion too