GEN 2 BIG Brake Kits, who’s got what and how do you like it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few kits have been out for awhile and now that I have more time in the seat I really need better brakes before I go on to suspension.(+3 deavers, SVC bump kit and icon level kit)

So what yah say?

Alcon? Brembo? R1 Concepts? Wilwood?

I plan to do the fronts first drive for a few months and add rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heeblet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few kits have been out for awhile and now that I have more time in the seat I really need better brakes before I go on to suspension.(+3 deavers, SVC bump kit and icon level kit)

So what yah say?

Alcon? Brembo? R1 Concepts? Wilwood?

I plan to do the fronts first drive for a few months and add rear.

Subbed. Mine are squish city. Want more stopping power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
brettmess24

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Subbed. Mine are squish city. Want more stopping power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Agreed they are sponge city with no real modulation what so ever! I’m sure my Ridge Grapplers and Rotiforms magnify the lack of stopping power.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Couple of things, you have plenty of stopping power in the stock brakes, they just feel like shit and like mentioned, there is hardly any modulation. Pads, lines and good fluid would fix most of that. The only BBK that will fit under OEM wheels is the Alcon AFAIK. The R1 will fit 17's, just not oem (they might with spacers though). I'm pretty sure that Wilwood could make a kit that fit 17" as well but they don't have something off the shelf, would have to be put together and custom caliper brackets made. If you have no issue going with 20" wheels, then the field opens up quite a bit - Brembo, Wilwood, Baer probably StopTech etc.

OP
OP
brettmess24

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couple of things, you have plenty of stopping power in the stock brakes, they just feel like shit and like mentioned, there is hardly any modulation. Pads, lines and good fluid would fix most of that. The only BBK that will fit under OEM wheels is the Alcon AFAIK. The R1 will fit 17's, just not oem (they might with spacers though). I'm pretty sure that Wilwood could make a kit that fit 17" as well but they don't have something off the shelf, would have to be put together and custom caliper brackets made. If you have no issue going with 20" wheels, then the field opens up quite a bit - Brembo, Wilwood, Baer probably StopTech etc.

This is the only reason I went with the 20” Rotiform SIX wheels and 35x12.5x20” Nittos.

I prefer 18” wheels but options are limited.

I wrote off Method wheels after they wouldn’t listen to my request for stainless steel bolts on my 18” NV that I ran on my 14 Raptor. Living in WI everything rusts. All they would send me are another set of zinc coated bolts.

The brakes were bad on the 14 but actually had better modulation.

I’m pretty sure everything will fit on the 20” Rotiform[emoji4]

Last edited:
OP
OP
brettmess24

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah with 20's, there are lot's of kits. I think I'd go Wilwood, best bang for the buck IMO.

Yeah I was thinking the same they look the biz but haven’t seen a single review or someone that has them on a G2 Rap.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I was thinking the same they look the biz but haven’t seen a single review or someone that has them on a G2 Rap.

Make no mistake, Wilwood is good shit. Makes no matter what they are on, they are proven and made in the USA.

OP
OP
brettmess24

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah with 20's, there are lot's of kits. I think I'd go Wilwood, best bang for the buck IMO.

Front: https://www.stage3motorsports.com/1...ilwood-TX6R-6-Piston-Front-Big-Brake-Kit.html

Rear: https://www.stage3motorsports.com/1...Superlite-6R-Rear-6-Piston-Big-Brake-Kit.html

Under $4k, done.

Looks good but what about this...?
2010-2018 Raptor Fitment: this kit does not fit 2010-2018 Raptors due to tie rod clearance issues, and Wilwood cannot guarantee that aftermarket tie rods will provide sufficient clearance.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have stock brakes And 17's. Don't like the feel and thought about upgrading.

But had to do an emergency full brake stop because some idiot on their phone pulled right out in front of me doing 45 mph. Thought for sure I was hitting them. But locked the brakes and it amazingly stopped me before I smashed the car. Unfortunately my Chinese takeout order went everywhere.

So the brakes actually work pretty good.