BFG KO2s / Raptor in the WET

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove through this all the way up the East Coast yesterday (DC to Boston):

EtQFCUV2s_fTY0FqttDnjPUcFiFjKsmNlnHbC4PhayvxmpILKU.png

I drove in "4A" the whole time and truck handled very well. I didn't have a lot of squirm or misbehavior, and I was moving at 75-80 the whole way. Was pleasantly surprised by the composure of the BFGs.

Anyone else have any impressions of driving in the wet on the KO2s and the Raptor?

Last edited:

Tsunami1983

Reaction score
I just got it a few days ago but live in NJ and drove for a few hours in this same storm. Hit some standing water a few times at highway speed, was surprised how it beasted right through every time. No squirm, felt planted and tracked perfectly.

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
KO2s are nice in wet conditions, they have a lot more grip than the original KOs, anyone who had a gen 1 with them would know lol

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Drove through this all the way up the East Coast yesterday (DC to Boston):

EtQFCUV2s_fTY0FqttDnjPUcFiFjKsmNlnHbC4PhayvxmpILKU.png

I drove in "4A" the whole time and truck handled very well. I didn't have a lot of squirm or misbehavior, and I was moving at 75-80 the whole way. Was pleasantly surprised by the composure of the BFGs.

Anyone else have any impressions of driving in the wet on the KO2s and the Raptor?

Meh. That was really kind of the “diet coke” of rainfall. sort of like mini-rain. I’ve tested the Rap in downpour conditions that were a legit 5 or 6 on the Irish rain scale. The kind of rain that creates a visible wake from all 4 tires on I95.

The Raptors / KO2s are unfazed by this even at 55-60. Don’t shrug, surrounding traffic was abandoning all hope and preparing to meet their fate.
She’s not nimble like some awd cars, but she’s stable as heck as long as traffic stays out of your way.

OP
OP
X

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Meh. That was really kind of the “diet coke” of rainfall. sort of like mini-rain. .

lol I find it funny that you want to out macho us by talking down yesterday's storm. East Coast storms are pretty legit and I thought it was legit yesterday, but I won't try to compete with you.

Where do you live Smurf?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
all this time, and I just now realized I have no location data on my profile <DOH>

I’m in NoVA, just south of the swamp. So I got quite a sampling of yesterday’s showers, or, as I like to call them - Nature’s Truck Wash.

:biggrin:

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same experience, 4A plus bfg FTW!
I did try it in 2h and kicked out the tail pretty good

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
in new orleans, we know something about rain and real swamps...

the only time i've run in 4a was just to see if it made a big difference. truck handles heavy rain like a beast. the only thing 4a does for me is helping me go faster. :)

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
K02s on wet texas roads are terrible. 4A plants it down a lot, but even damp normal 2h and you can get the back end loose super easy. I don't mind, it is a truck, but I'm glad I have weather mode for traffic. Sliding is fun when nobody is around, but when you don't have a lot of room, not so much.

Also don't get cocky with 4A and turn TC off...I did once with it being wet, and slid a full lane over lol.