Best half ton off-road truck that isn't a Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Curious what you guys think the "next best" half ton off-road worthy truck is out there. I'm thinking either the F150 FX4 or Nissan Titan Pro 4X. Opinions?

dlbb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'd go with a f150 lariat fully loaded. throw a set of icon stage 4-5 or something comparable and call it good. if i didn't have a raptor that is lol.

OP
OP
J

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Actually looking for a full size truck, sorry should have specified. I did go to Toyota's website and there doesn't appear to be an option to build out a Tundra TRD Pro, just a Taco and 4Runner.

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Actually looking for a full size truck, sorry should have specified. I did go to Toyota's website and there doesn't appear to be an option to build out a Tundra TRD Pro, just a Taco and 4Runner.

You have to get a 17

Sent from my 2017 Raptor using Tapatalk

Last edited:

matt33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The TRD Pro Tundra seems like a joke to me, it has open diff's front and rear and mediocre smallish on-road tires with shocks that are slightly better than most other half-ton trucks. It seems like Toyota knows no one is actually going to take the Tundra off road. At least the Tacoma and 4Runner TRD Pro packages have some pretty good off road capability.

If there was no Raptor, I'd probably buy an F150 XLT with the FX4 package, add some KO2's, maybe a modest lift, remove the front air dam and call it a day. I like the idea of the Power Wagon on paper, but being a Dodge, I don't fully trust the reliability.