Best car/truck cover?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kenb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like I will have to park my 2018 Scab under a shelter for a couple weeks and I am looking for the best car/truck cover. It will not be exposed directly to the weather but I do want it protected. I have seen them for $50 all the way up to $700. I just want some recommendations from someone who has bought and used them. Thanks.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On an outdoor cover, I'd worry about the wind causing the cover to do more damage to the paint than leaving the truck uncovered.

I have had two indoor covers but never an outdoor.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do not cover it outdoors. Wash it when you get back- it'll be fine.

Maxcap

Reaction score
Covercraft cover

I ordered a Covercraft "custom evolution" car cover for $341. The cover fits great and this fabric version seems excellent to protect the truck and still breathe in rain and wind (waiting on the snow) quite well. The Covercraft part number for this cover is #C18041GK.

The only downside is as the cover is a custom fit, and the raptor quite large, it's a pain in the butt to put on and take off. Since my Raptor doesn't fit in the garage, I was planning to use this every night. In reality that's just not practical so I ended up building a King Canopy that I park in every night. If I'm going out of town for a few days with out it, I cover it even while it's under the canopy.

Hope this helps.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I ordered a Covercraft "custom evolution" car cover for $341. The cover fits great and this fabric version seems excellent to protect the truck and still breathe in rain and wind (waiting on the snow) quite well. The Covercraft part number for this cover is #C18041GK.

The only downside is as the cover is a custom fit, and the raptor quite large, it's a pain in the butt to put on and take off. Since my Raptor doesn't fit in the garage, I was planning to use this every night. In reality that's just not practical so I ended up building a King Canopy that I park in every night. If I'm going out of town for a few days with out it, I cover it even while it's under the canopy.

Hope this helps.

Although I personally think the ‘don’t use outdoors’ recommendation is a little overblown, I would point out that if you are covering the truck any time other than immediately after a wash/wax, you’re trapping whatever is on the paint and finish between the finish and the cover. That’s bad.

I had a cover for my Lightning once I pulled it from commuter duty and the finish held up extremely well using the cover immediately after washing or washing and waxing.

If pollen is a concern where you are, be careful about covering your truck when pollen is heavy. High 3 digit or even 4 digit pollen counts are not conducive to covering your truck and don’t brush pollen off your paint.

OP
OP
K

kenb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a lot of pollen here in south Alabama so I try to keep vehicles inside during that time and wash them as soon as the season is over.

The "shed" I will be using is actually a three sided metal building so an outdoor cover is not all that necessary and there will be little chance of wind moving the cover around. I have used covers on everything from Z-28's to M Roadsters and have never had a problem with damaging the paint. I do try to keep my stuff clean all the time so I suspect that helps. I am just looking for a good quality cover. Any ideas?

aschiller98

Reaction score
I would avoid covering it outdoors, any small dirt that gets between the cover and the paint will wreak havoc on your paint in the wind. It basically turns the cover into sandpaper