Bent my bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

theBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sand dunes yesterday. Hit a dune or jump hard enough to bend front bumper up right in the middle. Far enough up to break the plastic honey comb over the intercooler. Guess a bumper needs to be found now. Either replacement or maybe I can find a take off from someone who did a replacement.

Also a couple gripes. This thing crams mud and leaves in so many places. Never had this trouble cleaning my 14. Also the driver side rear tire has a rub spot the size of a quarter on the inside of the fender well. This is with factory tires and wheels and the tire rubs. I'm sure it's only at max flex but I wouldn't plan on ANY tire size increase at all at factory specs. These are minor and I love the truck. Just a few thoughts.

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the battle scars... sounds like you're taking your G2 thru it's paces! Nice!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
stinks about the grill, but this is what bumpers are there for.

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
During fords offroad course in California for a bunch of journalists, there were a few complete suspension flex sections and you could see some rub. This was slow speed flexing. Check out ADD's bumpers, they have a few nice ones.

OP
OP
T

theBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bumper pics

Here's a couple pics of the bumper. Sure makes me sick to look at them.

Edit: To make things even worse. We figured out where this happened. It wasn't at the sand dunes or while running the truck. It appears to have happened while crossing a draw at my buddy's house picking him up to head to the sand dunes. Just steep and deep enough to hit the bumper as we went through. :(

Attachments

• bumper1.jpg
    bumper1.jpg
    307.5 KB · Views: 474
  • bumper2.jpg
    bumper2.jpg
    339.4 KB · Views: 429
Last edited:

KentSD

www.BookBaja.com Baja yacht Support
Reaction score
you can buy my old stock one ... and i also bent my ADD skid plate this weekend