Bed liner preference

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nicul15

Reaction score
how is the spray liner for sliding heavy stuff? like unloading by yourself and you need to slide it to save your back?

Wolfeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how is the spray liner for sliding heavy stuff? like unloading by yourself and you need to slide it to save your back?

Spray liner is usually pretty grippy and need to lift and place. Drop-in liner you can usually easily slide from front to back and need tie downs to keep in place.

Ballistic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found a old video on how ford does it. I like how they use a robot to make sure its going to get even coverage.

I'm still going back and forth if i want to have ford do mine or not. I actually kind of like my bolts to be sprayed black and match.

Shepherd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NEVER EVER A DROP IN. I can have LineX do mine with the premium spray for less then ford and will be lifetime warranty and not paying interest on it either. things i can install will not be on my build sheet.

All of these things. Plus you can get a different color than black, if you want. I had my '13 XLT done with Line-X Premium when I bought it new. I work my 9 acres, haul around logs, rocks, gravel, and what I've torn-out of my kitchen and basement doing projects and the liner still shines like new.

I put an Extang Trifecta Signature cover on the bed (soft, looks like canvas) and it still looks great.

Both have held up well these last 80k miles... Not for lack of abuse.

Last edited:

ReefBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spray in.

I'm hoping to bring my truck to a line-x place the same week if not the next day.

Only question is do I want to do color match.

Shepherd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spray in.

I'm hoping to bring my truck to a line-x place the same week if not the next day.

Only question is do I want to do color match.

If you use your bed to haul anything sharp/heavy enough to scratch it, I recommend against it. The color-match is applied over black, so scratches will show through. Same if you get the premium, except that it's flat black showing through gloss black at that point, so it's less noticeable.

Krab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had Rhino lining, Linex, BedRug, just plain rubber bed mat - I'm giving the factory a chance this time.
You're going in the wrong direction and will probably be disappointed with the factory liner. My suggestion; LineX hands down. Pricey, but it'll last and doesn't it come with a lifetime warranty?

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You're going in the wrong direction and will probably be disappointed with the factory liner. My suggestion; LineX hands down. Pricey, but it'll last and doesn't it come with a lifetime warranty?

Yes, Line-x has a lifetime warranty.