bed lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cain072567

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone know where i can get the bed lights that fit in the bed, surely my truck has the wiring. I got home and realized it didnt have them. No biggie but should be an easy add i thought.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I added the lights to my 801a. Super easy to do, and yes wiring is already in place. Just pull the white cap off of the connector and plug wiring harness in.

Cannot remember if you need to take it in once complete and have IDS activate the lights.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I keep calling them "uplifter" switches too... Maybe it's the feeling I get when some ******* is driving with his high beams on and I flip one... or two of them to the "on" position. :)

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where do they turn on, i guess i could always use a uplifter switch

Negative on the upfitter switch. They can be turned on in two different ways. Use the supplied push button that mounts in the bed, or simply press the button on the interior cab light switch that turns on the bed light located inside your center mounted brake light. Now that i've said that, I remember that you MUST have your FORD dealer activate the newly mounted bed lights via IDS once installed in order for the interior light switch to work.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
perfect and easy!! so plug in and take to dealer

Thats about it...you will need to remove the tail lights to access the bed side holes to run wiring for the lights. The harness is self explanatory and just route it with the existing harness.