Bed Extender

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hewster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a folding bed extended other than the Ford OEM one? I would like to keep one in the bed 100% of the time but want it to fold up and be tucked out of the way.

If the OEM one is the best, does anyone have the part number handy? I see one but none of the sites list that it will fit 2017 models.

TXCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I swapped the one out of 2014 directly into my 2017. It is the heavy plastic one that splits in the middle and tucks onto the sides. Here is a link to one:

Bed Extender

Striker

Reaction score
I like my fold up bed extended, but what I don't like is when it's folded up it completely blocks my bed light switch, so for now I keep it unfolded until I need the full bed.

TXCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree, didnt have bed lights on my 14, but I do use my bed extender quite a bit. I wish there were lights up in the front of the bed near the cab. I may try to fab up a "quick release" for the bed extender. Since its only held in by one bolt on each side.

TXCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't think so. One bolt each side, bed is already threaded for it and I assume the extender ships with the bolts. There are some holes on the top and bottom that you lock the extender into place with (either out on the tailgate or into the middle of the bed). The holes normally have bushings in them when you get it from the factory. You don't need them, but if you want it to be just like factory, you can get 4 bushings. Not sure if the extender ships with those or not, but it may. If not, the bushings are like a buck or two each from your local parts dealer.