bed cover advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cain072567

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am fixing to take a cross country road trip and have been looking at bed covers. Retrax pro looks nice, also seen alot like the back flip one, help decide please

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have the back flip rollx on my 13. Would not do it again. Not terribly durable and flush with the bed limits space. Do not like the "vinyl" look either. Just ordered a diamondback SE for my 18 leadfoot. A buddy has one. Very durable, completely line-xed, very waterproof and theft proof. I have 3 young girls and when we travel so much stuff. It is raised a little and gives a lot more carrying space in bed. Looks quite aggressive as well. You can stand on it up to 400 pounds as well. Something to consider if cargo room and water/theft proof is important.

D

Deleted member 17706

Have the back flip rollx on my 13. Would not do it again. Not terribly durable and flush with the bed limits space. Do not like the "vinyl" look either. Just ordered a diamondback SE for my 18 leadfoot. A buddy has one. Very durable, completely line-xed, very waterproof and theft proof. I have 3 young girls and when we travel so much stuff. It is raised a little and gives a lot more carrying space in bed. Looks quite aggressive as well. You can stand on it up to 400 pounds as well. Something to consider if cargo room and water/theft proof is important.

I agree 100%. Get a DiamondBack cover. I have never known a disappointed person that bought one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Traveller66

Reaction score
I have a Truck Cover USA product. Very durable and waterproof. Took it over the diamond back because it „uncovers“ the whole bed and easily reach every corner. The Raptor is too high if you try to get stuff standing at the side of the bed.

Be aware, that no matter what cover you put on the Raptor - you will have tons of dust in the bed. Make sure you pack all the stuff in boxes or bags - otherwise you are up for a nasty surprise.

ChrisJTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a mx4 and love it. Saw a post on here about some price matching members were getting, around 800 mark by calling direct factory.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

salts001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Undercover Ultra Flex and like it a lot. I looked at Retrax but wasn't a fan of how the system ages. The hard cover three flip suited my lifestyle the best. I am constantly opening/closing and sit on it when surf fishing or hangout at the beach. I'm a huge fan.

I agree with Traveller66. I keep all my items in plastic bins with covers.

*update: another reason i went with undercover was b/c you can flip all the way up and it does not lean on the truck when held up with the supports.

Last edited:

mr_beaverhousen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Pace Edwards Switchblade Metal and it works as advertised. I would like it to be a little more waterproof but if I put a tarp over the luggage on a rainy day everything stays dry. I think pretty much all tonneau covers leak at the tailgate lip as you can't really make the best seal.

If I were to do it over again, I would also get a Diamondback unless you think you would need the full space of the truck bed with taller items. On a roll-up tonneau like the Switchblade, you have the usability of most of the bed and they claim the Switchblade it easy to remove if needed (never had a reason to remove it yet). The Diamondback is also removable but more of a two-man operation if removing in one piece. On the Diamondback, I also like the fact that you can carry a load on top of the cover with tie-down hooks already in place.

ChrisJTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Theres pretty nice cover that already had a channel to put racks on, but forgot who made it.

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a mx4 and love it. Saw a post on here about some price matching members were getting, around 800 mark by calling direct factory.

2nd for BakFlip MX4. Go to realtruck.com, get in a chat with a rep, ask them for FRF member discount...you will not be disappointed.