Beadlock Wheels Tire Pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vsayler

Reaction score
My car came from the dealer with fairly high tire pressures. Door Sticker says 38 psi, Tires say a max of 45 psi. They came a bit over 45 (could be temperature differences). I asked my salesperson, he says go with the tire labels (45psi). I am thinking I should go with with what the door says (38).

Thoughts?

thanks

HankTheTank

Reaction score
Go by the door sticker. The door sticker tells you what your tire pressure should be. The max pressure on the tire tells you just that. What the max pressure that tire is rated for.

DROPOUT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine were 40-41 when I realized it from the dealer (after being warm)

When cold, they hover at about 38-39 ... I'd lower them to atleast 40 when cold.

PMR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shoot mine were at 50 and are still there. Looks like I need to go deflate them a little.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
45 under what conditions?

cold? that is to say, not driven at all for at least 4 hours?

That will make for a harsh ride for sure. I think the recommended plod around pressure is ~ 38. Hank is right about the displays, the tire has the max pressure, the door label is Ford’s recommended for the OEM tire.

NJSP117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine were 45 as well from the dealer. I thought that was high, I'll have to deflate them as well when it's cold in the morning.

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind door jamb is also for a fully laden truck so that's why some/most will drop it a few PSI from that number

cstunkard

Reaction score
Use the door label 38 lbs. Mine were high too when I picked it up.
I wouldn't run them below the recommended pressure especially once we get to summer time... just ask firestone why.

whoisbigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That tire could be used on several different vehicles that might vary in weight. Your tire has an optimum footprint of so many square inches and requires a certain PSI to support the weight of the vehicle. So a lighter vehicle would require less tire pressure to support the vehicle with the optimum footprint. If you put say double the vehicle weight on that same pressure the tire would squat. So 45psi is the most psi that could go in the tire to support the truck and the maximum weight the tire could support at that psi is also printed on the tire. This is why when you go from a 35-12.50-17 BFG to a 35-13.50-17 whatever tire, you should lower the tire pressure because the footprint is much wider and the higher psi will make the truck ride harsh.
For stock tires, go by what is on the door. If you put those same tires on an F250, raise the tire pressure. If you put them on a Taco, they would require less pressure.

Viss17

Reaction score
Tire pressure

Mine also came with 55psi in the tires from the dealer. I always go by what the door sticker says. I lowered the pressure to 38-40psi immediately when I got home and ride was much better. Love my new Raptor for sure!