Beadlock capable OEM wheels - anybody convert them?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blusmbl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I bought a gen 2 a couple months ago and absolutely love the truck. Went with the beadlock capable wheels, mostly because I like the look of them. I head to the sand dunes in Michigan a few times a year and now am thinking of buying the $800 worth of adapter rings to convert the faux beadlocks to real beadlocks.

Has anybody done the conversion to real beadlocks on their gen 1 or gen 2 and been happy with it? Do the ring bolt torques move around at all or do you just have to check them once or twice and then they're good for the remainder of the time the wheel is attached? I understand the Ford beadlock is slightly different in that the ring face clamps both the bead and touches the lip of the rim so the bolts are clamping metal to metal, vs. a standard beadlock where they are only clamping the bead.

I do understand if I do the conversion most tire shops won't touch them, but it's also possible to change tires yourself with a little work and tire irons.

Thanks,
Nick

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
I am currently running them and so far they have stayed torqued, I checked them at 500 miles and they did not change. The next time I checked them was about 1500 on them and same, no change. I thought they were good and waited until I hit another 5000 miles and still to change. In that time I only aired down low enough to need them once. They look great but add a fair amount of weight to the wheels. I have a friend who ownes a auto shop and has all the ties changing equipment and I helped last time by doing all the ring bolts in the torque sequence and then he would balance them. Kinda a pain but I love the look.

Last edited:

bo1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Discount tires does them. I have them but only 400 miles on the truck. They rotate and balance several of my friends Jeep's and trucks that run them.

max_Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve had them on for the past 6 months

Aired them up and down multiple times

I check the torque on them every two months and they haven’t changed

e151697fcc4c00de3f820520fad7aa37.jpg

PS. I used a correction pen to mark down the torquing sequence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

Blusmbl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks all three of you, exactly the info I was looking for. Glad to know that Discount Tire will work on them too.

Last question, are they bare aluminum or have they been clearcoated from the factory to protect the finish? Just wondering because we use way too much salt on the roads here and if they are bare they won’t stay nice for long.

Last edited:

Booth9999

Reaction score
I think they are bare, haven’t scratched them yet but I don’t see a clear on them.

Booth9999

Reaction score
Shipping weight for each ring, bolts, and cardboard is 12 lbs each, I have one on the way in the mail now for my second spare. I will weigh it when it comes in but I would say 8-10lbs each if I had to guess.