GEN 2 base price of the 2017 Raptor went up?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
so I'm looking at my previous build sheet to remove carbon fiber, but now the base price went from $51,310 to $51,845

anyone else notice this?

old quote:

AvMpqRK.png

new price on the Ford website:

UxBbvKf.png

so base price went up $535 ?

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I didn't take notice to that but it's normal. For years Ford has slowly increased prices throughout the year. That way at the end of a model year they no longer have to say such and such model will be seeing a 5% or 6% price increase. Now it's like 1 or 2 %.

When you retail order a unit the price is locked in. So if a price increase happens before your unit arrives you aren't affected.

If the dealer gave you a copy of his order sheet when you ordered your truck there will be a price level listed on it.

When I ordered my truck on 8/17 the price level was 725

Miker397

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. My build went up $635 ($68290 current online build vs $67665 dealer pricing sheet I received when ordered in oct). You are sure I should receive the price on the dealer build sheet I got?

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just checked the build and price website and it still shows $51,310 for a base Screw and $48,325 for a base Scab.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Interesting. My build went up $635 ($68290 current online build vs $67665 dealer pricing sheet I received when ordered in oct). You are sure I should receive the price on the dealer build sheet I got?

If the truck was ordered as a retail unit it is price protected and you'd get the lower price.

All 4 of our allocation are retail orders. So even the last Raptor we get will be price protected for that customer from the original order date.

mazur

Reaction score
I did notice it this morning when I check the build page out. It seems that when I added the tailgate option, it went up more than the stated $495. I think it is a glitch otherwise those that got the truck for at most MSRP, congrats on saving over $600.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I do the Build and price all of the individual prices are the same. The difference seems to be when you add any option (other than the $395 Ruby Red upcharge) the base MSRP jumps up an additional $535 and the destination goes up by $100.

OP
OP
Toadster

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When I do the Build and price all of the individual prices are the same. The difference seems to be when you add any option (other than the $395 Ruby Red upcharge) the base MSRP jumps up an additional $535 and the destination goes up by $100.

yes, weird...

my dealer was able to add the rear applique while removing the Carbon Fiber interior so I still get original pricing I put in a few weeks back :)

Miker397

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I asked my dealer to drop my graphics packages (going with rappygraphics to save $$ was the plan) and had him check and confirm with his zone rep that if I change my order at all it'll get auto bumped to the new MSRP. Zone Rep said yes it would increase my MSRP if I change anything. Can someone confirm this is true that any change on the order will bump it to the now higher MSRP?

If I'm paying $635 higher MSRP, plus $275 for bed graphics and say $200 for hood graphics, then I'm saving less than $1k total going with Rappy. Still a decent chunk of change, but I'd be more inclined to let the stock decals stay.