BakFlip F1 with new dual action seal.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ashton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the new F1 BakFlip cover today. New seal works great. Don't have to open panel to close tailgate now. Tailgate also released with remote. Did not hang because of cover. Have to ask for new seal when you order directly from manufacturer, otherwise they send you old inventory with old seal.

Attachments

• IMG_0324.JPG
    IMG_0324.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 1,108
  • IMG_0323.JPG
    IMG_0323.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 1,095
  • IMG_0311.JPG
    IMG_0311.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 309
  • IMG_0312.JPG
    IMG_0312.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 303

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it a slightly raised hard plastic edge that allows this to happen? Leaks?

Cool_Racer_79

Reaction score
I installed the new F1 BakFlip cover today. New seal works great. Don't have to open panel to close tailgate now. Tailgate also released with remote. Did not hang because of cover. Have to ask for new seal when you order directly from manufacturer, otherwise they send you old inventory with old seal.

Is that a new F1 or you mean the BakFlip MX4?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nukemustang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it a slightly raised hard plastic edge that allows this to happen? Leaks?

I have an MX4 on the 17 and had a G2 on the 14. The seal design on the old G2 was just a rubber flap that laid on top of the tailgate, the new one reminds me of a rubber seal at the bottom of a door with like 3 rubber strips that are vertical, vice horizontal and allows the tailgate to close into them.

OP
OP
A

Ashton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that a new F1 or you mean the BakFlip MX4?

This is the new F1 with the same new seal like the MX model. Three front facing seals under what looks like a reinforced frame. Not sure on leaks, will let you know after next big rain.

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

I have an MX4 on the 17 and had a G2 on the 14. The seal design on the old G2 was just a rubber flap that laid on top of the tailgate, the new one reminds me of a rubber seal at the bottom of a door with like 3 rubber strips that are vertical, vice horizontal and allows the tailgate to close into them.

How did you run your two front drains on your cover outside your bed? Do you have factory spray-in bed liner? No drain holes I can find to release water on this bed. Might have to make my own holes.

sea2jet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the factory spray in bedliner. I drilled 7/8" holes through the bed plugs while they were installed. Just go slow. There is about a 1.5" clearance between the bed and the cab.

nukemustang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the new F1 with the same new seal like the MX model. Three front facing seals under what looks like a reinforced frame. Not sure on leaks, will let you know after next big rain.

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

How did you run your two front drains on your cover outside your bed? Do you have factory spray-in bed liner? No drain holes I can find to release water on this bed. Might have to make my own holes.

Sea2jet got it, I used a spade wood bit and a razor knife to cut the hole. those plugs are about $10-12. I have a spray in bed liner too. I can snap a pic when I get home if you need.

Tim

Cool_Racer_79

Reaction score
I had an F1 for 2yrs and it was awesome. The only thing I didn't like is that it faded white due to the sun being so hot in Georgia. I plan on buying one for my new truck.

mcasseba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
F1 and others fade with fiberglass panels. Go with MX4 with new seal and wont fade.