GEN 2 Bad To Floor A Gen 2 Raptor Once In A While?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gtrain72

Reaction score
Quick question, how many people on a daily basis floor their raptor. Is this bad for the engine in the long run? I just did it today and hope to keep doing it, love the truck.dbd5855102b8b24c4c72743ddfe97eb3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CatchMeOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the time! These engines are made for it, don't feel bad at all. Same as any other vehicle.

sher-bant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the magic number of miles needed to consider a 2017 Raptor motor past the "break in" point?

Volkswagen recommends goin easy for the first 1000miles on their new engine.

NJSP117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the magic number of miles needed to consider a 2017 Raptor motor past the "break in" point?

Volkswagen recommends goin easy for the first 1000miles on their new engine.

I took it somewhat east for the first 300 miles...haven't beat on it yet, but I definitely get on it quite a bit. These motors are made to be run hard, not broken in like a 1969 Caddy.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
don’t you remember the song “Parents just don’t understand”?

...maybe I shouldn’t... yeah, of course I should.

You’re supposed to vary the rpms, not tow for the first 1k miles, not bog the engine (load) and by the same token don’t hold WFO throttle for extended periods. It’s also not good to idle for long periods, or lots of stop and go traffic.

Look, if we weren’t meant to floor the Raptor once in a while, God would’ve made us all with only left feet.

Go forth and cane that ***** like you stole it.
Ok, maybe not like you stole it, but you didn’t by a VW beetle.