backup trailer feature

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Megabass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
'Obsessed Garage' on youtube (he is a forum member too) made a video detailing setup and use of the trailer assist feature. Its a great youtube channel.

Boost_it638

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The directions for set up are pretty straight forward. Once you have the trailer set up it remembers it, you can load a few different trailers

Badbowtie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I set mine up in about 15 minutes and it works great.

It is not complicated.

You just need a tape measure. You will be measuring trailer length, width, distance from camera to sticker and distance from ball hitch to sticker.

Just make sure you are parked on a level surface AND FYI they fail to mention that you will be driving several feet forward and backward to calibrate it... I didn't have enough space to drive forward and backward on my first calibration attempt and had to restart.

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also....you need the be on a smooth road surface to calibrate, plus have a fair amount of distance to drive straight to calibrate. Try a flat, empty parking lot.

I don't particularly care for it myself. Glad to hear that others like it.

Fergusf16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Set up is straight forward, no pun intended. I messed with it, it’s gee whiz. If you are comfortable backing trailers you probably won’t use it much though, it’s faster to manually do it than turning a knob IMO.