back in black

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I seem to be a magnet for black vehicles. 2 bikes, both my SVT’s, my trade in and of course, now, my new Raptor.

let’s get on with the pics, shall we? IMG_2692.jpg

IMG_2693.jpg

IMG_2694.jpg

IMG_2696.jpg

IMG_2697.jpg

IMG_2699.jpg

IMG_2700.jpg

IMG_2703.jpg

I’ve had the truck for a day now, 1 test drive, 2 trips. The dealer ordered this truck and I found it in a search. She has way more options than I’d have sprung for but I’ve not found anything available or orderable reasonably close without some hateful ADM. Not long after my first call, the sticker disappeared, but I ended up deciding this would be mine, so I dropped a deposit on it.

This truck has a high awesome factor. Most things I like, some things are a little overwhelming - buttons, menus, but it is totally evident that a lot of people put a lot of thought and effort into creating this vehicle and bringing it to the market. Some have reported transmission hunting, or rough shifts.

I don’t feel this. I’ve spent time in both normal and sport mode, I do like sport better but that’s because it’s really fun to cane the truck. I’ve had one and only one issue in normal mode, tonight the truck wouldn’t downshift when I applied throttle ; I rolled into it and the truck just added boost, not what I wanted, so next time I just went straight to WFO. Sport mode shifts more aggressively and I’m confident would’ve responded better. This is a nit pick, and nothing more. So far, I like the transmission.

I do really like the truck, I am thinking that center console will fit my Mac10
plus 10 mid caps. Not that I would... but I could. I’ve got some figuring out to do with the radio, nav and menus. The cabin is quiet and comfortable, and will be great for pretty much everything. The cameras are great and do a terrific job at mitigating the parking chores. If there’s something behind you, the truck signals how close you are, but they’re not much help when you’re trying to figure out how much of your bed is hanging over the other parking space :) She can’t help it, she’s big framed.

OP
OP
smurfslayer

smurfslayer

Reaction score
first mod should be gettin rid of that dealership crap on the back of yur truck

meh... I don’t have another hitch plug, and it’s not offending me. I did not pay a hateful ADM, and although stealerships aren’t my favorite place to be, I’m ok with it. Honestly, I didn’t even notice them until reviewing the pics before upload.

And, based on my less than stellar ability to sort out the buttons and menus in the truck I think my first order of business needs to be getting more comfortable with 21st century technology :mfr_omg:

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it's more because the white dealer stuff just sticks out like a sore thumb on all black

Like if Darth Vader smiled revealing one white tooth

OP
OP
smurfslayer

smurfslayer

Reaction score
I think it's more because the white dealer stuff just sticks out like a sore thumb on all black

Like if Darth Vader smiled revealing one white tooth

so like an Alfred E. Neuman sith lord. hmm...

I think the white license plates kind of drown out the plate cover.

Ohiodish

Reaction score
Congrats on the truck, color is great. Better yet your not over MSRP and that is a rare find on in stock inventory. Anyone paying over its Ok if you have more money than you know what to do with, throw it at the dealer. I'm sure they will give you better service than everyone else. LOL