Auto wipers sensitivity

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I find even the lowest setting entirely way too sensitive with random wipes on a bone dry windshield and wiping way too often with minimal drizzle. Is there any way to lower it further via a forscan programming or perhaps something the dealer can adjust?

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could turn off auto sensing in the menu and then just use the lowest setting and it will be a lot slower intermittent.

dieseldude

Reaction score
Hi; I have the same issue.
It seems there is no way to adjust sensitivity. It does NOT matter where I set the interval, the wipers do what they want to do.
I have taken it to my local dealer and they cannot find an issue.
But in moderate/light rain they go absolutely nuts. Fast fast fast, slow slow medium fast... etc.
I have to turn off the wipers and back on to get them to recover, then in less than a minute (moderate/light rain) they go nuts again.
I was thinking of disconnecting the sensor and seeing if they work with just the interval setting.
Let me know if you have success with your wipers.
Thanks

hammer73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same problem! I would think that with enough complaints Ford could solve it by an update in software somewhere...

Hi; I have the same issue.
It seems there is no way to adjust sensitivity. It does NOT matter where I set the interval, the wipers do what they want to do.

But in moderate/light rain they go absolutely nuts. Fast fast fast, slow slow medium fast... etc.
I have to turn off the wipers and back on to get them to recover, then in less than a minute (moderate/light rain) they go nuts again.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You could turn off auto sensing in the menu and then just use the lowest setting and it will be a lot slower intermittent.

Not what I want to do. I’ve had auto sensing in all my vehicles since 2005 and really like the feature, would just like it to work as well as it has on all my other vehicles. Which includes other Ford vehicles.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I turned mine off after having this problem for over a year. They are supposed to go up in sensitivity as you crank the wheel, but like you said, even at the lowest setting they are constantly wiping, even a nearly dry windshield.

I've cleaned and cleaned the sensor, sometimes it helps, mostly doesn't. It is pretty disappointing. I thought the auto wipers would be great and the auto high beams mediocre, but it has been the other way around.

JBBankshot

Reaction score
I have been pretty pleased with the auto wipers. Occasionally the get to a higher speed then I want and I just turn them off and back on and it seems to go back to normal.

dieseldude

Reaction score

What menu? I've been through all of the menus and I don't see a anything about 'auto sensing'. Can you please guide me to the correct menu?
Thanks in advance!