Auto Wipers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Finally rained the other day in Arizona and my wipers didn't turn on. I checked the settings in the dash cluster and it was selected on. Am I missing something? Does the wiper control on the steering wheel simply need to be in the far off position?

Want to make sure I am not missing something before calling the dealership. I have the 802A w/Tech Package.

OP
OP
JetDriver480

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks... I will try that. I did that and the wipers came on as it was raining so wasn't sure if that was the sensor or just me turning them on. I will turn mine to the first indent when I get back on a non-rainy day and see what happens. I assume you just leave it in this first indent position all the time then?

I can fly a damn jet but can't figure out windshield wipers lol!

I know I could probably read the owners manual but this is easier and I am away from my truck.

---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/F...picHRef=G1611969&div=f&vFilteringEnabled=True

So my old truck turning the knob changed the delay for the wipers but with the auto wipers you are adjusting the sensitivity of the detection system using that knob in the 'auto' range.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Auto wipers does your windshield wiping thinking for you and is contraindicated while washing your truck.

wiper settings are off, auto, several delay settings, on low, on high or similar to that effect. Sometimes auto activates the wipers without a hint of precipitation, and its otherwise pretty sensitive.

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else have problems with the auto wipers going all the time when there is condensation on the windshield? Like when I get in my truck early in the morning and there is dew outside and I have to turn on the defog to dry the windshield, the wipers are going non stop. I have to turn them off until the defog has done its job then I can put them back on auto...

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Does anyone else have problems with the auto wipers going all the time when there is condensation on the windshield? Like when I get in my truck early in the morning and there is dew outside and I have to turn on the defog to dry the windshield, the wipers are going non stop. I have to turn them off until the defog has done its job then I can put them back on auto...

You should drill a w... Nope. Can’t do it.

Mine does this sometimes, which is kind of annoying as it prohibits me from driving by braille...

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I don't have a Raptor yet but I've had three other vehicles with automatic washers and all three of them every once in a while get confused when there is condensation. I simply turn them off and back on after I've been driving for a couple minutes and it goes away. I would easily deal with this inconvenience for the convenience of having them. Every car I've owned since the first car that had them I made sure to get this feature.

mamula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My auto wipers didn't work today. I just used the manual one.
I put it one notch above off, but the wiper operated like a regular wiper with longer delay.
How can I verify in the screen menu setting whether the auto wipers are on. I tried to look at the settings, but I couldn't see it on the settings menu.

To be honest I don't believe it is in my car. Yes I have technology package