Auto-on remote start cooled seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FatBuoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've clicked through dash options. I've searched. I've looked through the manual. I've found it referenced, but can't find out how.

How in the Hell do I make the cooled seats come on when remote starting?

taco-13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've clicked through dash options. I've searched. I've looked through the manual. I've found it referenced, but can't find out how.

How in the Hell do I make the cooled seats come on when remote starting?

When you remote start the truck the heated/cooled seats button will not light up. Just touch the seat with your hand and you will feel the cooling or heating working.

Settings, Vehicle, Remote start then climate control.

OP
OP
FatBuoy

FatBuoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you remote start the truck the heated/cooled seats button will not light up. Just touch the seat with your hand and you will feel the cooling or heating working.

Settings, Vehicle, Remote start then climate control.

Ohhhh! Ok, thanks! Just assumed that if the light was off, so were the cooled seats.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
right, the truck is smart enough to fire up the cooled seats on remote start, but as soon as you get in ready to drive and hit the start button, they turn off
#firstworldproblems I know, but yeah would be nice if they stayed on...

bendensez

Reaction score
right, the truck is smart enough to fire up the cooled seats on remote start, but as soon as you get in ready to drive and hit the start button, they turn off
#firstworldproblems I know, but yeah would be nice if they stayed on...

The manual indeed states that they will turn off once you get in and hit the start button. However, in my '18, the driver side seat (and heated steering wheel if cold outside) will stay on after starting - only the passenger will turn off. Have others with '18s noticed this? Wonder if it's just mine or they made this tweak for the '18s.

mmacfn

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same on my 2018

The manual indeed states that they will turn off once you get in and hit the start button. However, in my '18, the driver side seat (and heated steering wheel if cold outside) will stay on after starting - only the passenger will turn off. Have others with '18s noticed this? Wonder if it's just mine or they made this tweak for the '18s.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I want to say my 2018 behaves the same way but I haven’t paid close enough attention to say with certainty.

rdz418

Full Access Member
Reaction score

My heated seats and steering wheel stay on after starting in my "18. Just go *** last week and it hasn't been warm enough to see what the cooled seats do.

bendensez

Reaction score
I got mine in the summer when it was warm and the cooled seats (driver side) stay on as well.

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford should of made the lights come on also, how hard is it. I'm sure not hard at all. Same with cruise control, everytime you use it and then shut the truck off it goes off. Small issues really, but would be nice to have.