Anyway to display outside temp in the gauge cluster?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I like to check outside temperature periodically, especially if I'm driving up to the mountains or heading to the dessert, but the temp display in the nav screen goes away when Apple Car Play is up. Is there a setting that allows me to display it somewhere in the gauge cluster?

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stop using Car Play?

I dunno... my "home" screen has nav/traffic info on the left, radio/station info on the upper right, and phone information on the lower right... and time and temp along the top.

joegie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stop using Car Play?

I dunno... my "home" screen has nav/traffic info on the left, radio/station info on the upper right, and phone information on the lower right... and time and temp along the top.

yeah, i just tap the ford sync icon and it displays the home screen.

OP
OP
J

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What I'm trying to accomplish is being able to use Car Play AND view outside temp. I don't care if the temp is displayed in the gauge cluster or the nav screen, but I'd like to be able to view it with Car Play running.

joegie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I'm trying to accomplish is being able to use Car Play AND view outside temp. I don't care if the temp is displayed in the gauge cluster or the nav screen, but I'd like to be able to view it with Car Play running.

on the car play press the ford sync icon, you can still use car play but it just brings you to the home screen that shows the map, audio, time, temp, etc.

OP
OP
J

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Again, what I’m trying to accomplish is be able to use Car Play AND display my temp. I know I can toggle back and forth between sync and car play. I also know I can disable car play all together. Neither of these allow me to use car play and view temp simultanously.

Based on the replies I’m assuming there’s no setting to make this happen. So the next question is if there’s a forscan tweak to allow for this?

torrin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Again, what I’m trying to accomplish is be able to use Car Play AND display my temp. I know I can toggle back and forth between sync and car play. I also know I can disable car play all together. Neither of these allow me to use car play and view temp simultanously.

Based on the replies I’m assuming there’s no setting to make this happen. So the next question is if there’s a forscan tweak to allow for this?

There is no documented FORscan parameter for that my last check.

realjones88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on the car play press the ford sync icon, you can still use car play but it just brings you to the home screen that shows the map, audio, time, temp, etc.

Does your home screen still show the actual map when using Car Play? Mine just shows a blank area that says "maps" with an icon that takes me back to Car Play... it doesn't show the actual navigation map.