Anyone with a Tonneau cover notice a less jittery read end?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don’t know if it’s just my imagination but I feel like I notice a fairly decent reduction in how jittery/loose the rear and gets when going over bumps after having installed the cover. Feels like the rear tires maintain firmer contact with the ground. Wasn’t something I was expecting considering it’s not terribly heavy, I think the shipping weight was 70lbs or so.

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed something similar?

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Depending on the cover, it could be bracing the bed so there is less body flex... Performance cars benefit from chassis bracing, front and rear to keep the chassis from flexing. The tonneau cover could be providing some degree of this. And yes, chassis bracing will help to keep the wheels more planted.

What cover do you have?

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depending on the cover, it could be bracing the bed so there is less body flex... Performance cars benefit from chassis bracing, front and rear to keep the chassis from flexing. The tonneau cover could be providing some degree of this. And yes, chassis bracing will help to keep the wheels more planted.

What cover do you have?

No. Thin tonneau covers are not rigid enough to offer any chassis bracing. Chassis cross members and braces are very beefy for a reason.

OP, its in your head.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
I have an Undercover bed cover, Line-X, and a rubber bed mat. It definitely feels better than it done stock/empty. That little bit of weight makes a difference in the feel.