Anyone still waiting on a 2017 due to recall issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TRADERJAB

Reaction score
Is anyone still waiting to get there 2017 that was held for the seatbelt buckle issue (recall 17C12) was all set to complete purchase on mine but recall is forcing the dealer to not release it. Ford website showing no remedy is available yet despite the recall posting back in August. Anyway just seeing if anyone has run into the same issue or if there dealer has been able to fix and release. Thanks

mr_beaverhousen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I inquired about this at my last oil change a few weeks ago but the parts department could not order the part. The service advisor had him on speaker phone and the only way he would have been able to order the part was the airbag in the seatbelt had to have deployed...

OP
OP
T

TRADERJAB

Reaction score
The recall is due to a rivet on the left hand rear seatbelt. Apparently the rivet head is not thick enough and could break. The recall posting from Ford says no remedy is available yet but if you look up the actual NHTSA report they state Ford is just going to replace the seat belt buckle assembly. Just trying to figure out why it is still open this came out in late August. Basically the dealer can’t release the truck to me and complete the purchase until Ford resolves it. Just trying to see if anyone else has the same issue. Just a little frustrating want my new rig.

Monster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I already have my 2017, but I just wanted to mention that I got a letter in the mail for this issue yesterday. It says my truck maybe be affected, my VIN needs to be inspected and I would be notified when I could do this at a later date.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is anyone still waiting to get there 2017 that was held for the seatbelt buckle issue (recall 17C12) was all set to complete purchase on mine but recall is forcing the dealer to not release it. Ford website showing no remedy is available yet despite the recall posting back in August. Anyway just seeing if anyone has run into the same issue or if there dealer has been able to fix and release. Thanks

Someone on here posted that Ford released a tool or template that measures the rivet head. His truck was within spec and no further action was required. I'm not sure how widely available this tool is or what percentage of trucks require repairs. But it could be as simple as passing the test and being released.

OP
OP
T

TRADERJAB

Reaction score
Yeah my truck failed the test , apparently they measure the thickness of the rivet so now in purgatory until Ford releases a remedy. There is no ETA however that I have been able to track down as to when that replacement will happen.

Lasercat

Reaction score
My Ford Pass app says the following re: this recall

FMC is working closely with its suppliers to produce parts for this repair. When parts become available, FMC will notify you via mail to schedule a service appointment with your dealer for repairs to be completed free of charge, parts and labor.

So, doesn't sound like they have the parts to do the repair yet. No idea how fast these things move, but I'm not holding my breath.

Jerry43

Reaction score
Still waiting

I bought a 2017 Raptor, took it home and the dealer called me back and said I had to bring it back due to a recall. I've been waiting since Sept. 9- over 6 weeks. The gave me a loaner truck. Dealer calls me every couple of days, but no news from them or anywhere on the internet.

solarwinds

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
maybe we all get free trade-up to 2019 v8 models due to safety hazard :ROFLJest:

SleepyRaptor

Reaction score
I bought a 2017 in mid September. Didn’t know about recall until activated Ford Pass app. Called dealer and they didn’t know about it either. They didn’t make me return the truck though been driving it around, had the test done and it failed. So dealer is ordering parts suppose to call when they are in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro