Anyone Running Top Perch With Factory Suspension?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gents,

Just picked up an 18 lead foot. Want to put 37's on it like my 13. Looking to run Nitto Ridge Grapplers on Method rims. My 13 is on BFG AT's on mid perch. Did some minor trimming and no rubbing unless heavy off roading. Curious what I can get away with here. Searched for a thread on this but could not find. Anyone have any experience? Or point me to the gen2 thread on this subject? Would rather not do suspension lift. Any info greatly appreciated.

Jake17

★ REBEL LIFE ★
Reaction score
:win:

Attachments

• IMG_2403_zpssg3lp4vm.jpg
    IMG_2403_zpssg3lp4vm.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 57

DEGBTI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gen 2 does not have an adjustable perch like your Gen 1 did. Look at Gieser springs or SVC or aftermarket Fox shocks so you can adjust the preload to get the front up

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow! Ok. Good to know! Thank you.

You can safely ignore Jake, as he always posts the picture of the same tired hatchet job which others do NOT have to do to run 37s... :crazy:

Most people have gone with the Geisers progressive springs or aftermarket shocks, rather than the 2.25" perch collars for ride comfort. You are also going to need Deaver +3s out back to safely run 37s, which give you one more inch of clearance. (The stock 2" block is removed with Deaver progressive leafs)

Last edited:

trophycummins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can safely ignore Jake, as he always posts the picture of the same tired hatchet job which others do NOT have to do to run 37s... :crazy:

Most people have gone with the Geisers progressive springs or aftermarket shocks, rather than the 2.25" perch collars for ride comfort. You are also going to need Deaver +3s out back to safely run 37s, which give you one more inch of clearance. (The stock 2" block is removed with Deaver progressive leafs)

Deavers do not provide any additional clearance for bigger tires. The axle still hits the bump stop in the same spot. (assuming you have added the appropriate bump stops for deavers)

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Deavers do not provide any additional clearance for bigger tires. The axle still hits the bump stop in the same spot. (assuming you have added the appropriate bump stops for deavers)

The +3s keeps them from rubbing under normal every day driving. And yes, I went with RPG bumps stops on mine.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
perfect for mall cruzin' :crazy:

I guess I could do the same hatchet job on mine that you keep posting about. :crazy::ROFLJest:

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

I guess if going to starbucks is all that matters :ROFLJest:

I personally do not drink coffee or go to many malls, but when you live in the Texas Hill Country for half the year, having a capable off-road truck is a given. I can live with minor rubbing at full flex, since it seldom happens where I need to drive.

Here is the driveway at my lake house:

Attachments

• Raptor 2010 Boat2.jpg
    Raptor 2010 Boat2.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 45
  • Raptor 2010 Boat3.jpg
    Raptor 2010 Boat3.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 32
Last edited: