Anyone running aftermarket air filter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

17lbraptor

Reaction score
Was thinking about getting a K&N air filter. Was just wondering if anyone was using one or another brand. Any suggestions or thoughts are appreciated.

gryGhst17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put the airaid dry filter into the stock box. Rick @ freedom saved me a few $

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Air filter is a waste, if anything get a good CAI.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

1phatstang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I stay away from the "oiled" A/F (read K&N) because I believe the oil on the filter eventually ends up upstream on your sensors etc. Replace your dry QUALITY a/f regularly, you'll be fine. Personally, I don't believe in CAI's, I think they are just hype. Unless your are under WOT constantly, save your money. My two cents, over and out.

Last edited:

Maxcap

Reaction score
K & n

I installed the K&N after about 1500 miles. Have used them in the past with good success, so felt why break the tradition lol. Felt like it accelerated a little better in sport mode on highway entrance/acceleration ramp, but definitely subjective. The MPG has gotten slightly better as I have put miles on (about 6k now), but that usually happens as it breaks in anyway so unsure of measurable benefit. Still only shows 12 - 13 MPG average, but I accept that due to my lead foot (real not color haha). Was good therapy for me for $50... so why not?

OP
OP

17lbraptor

Reaction score
I installed the K&N after about 1500 miles. Have used them in the past with good success, so felt why break the tradition lol. Felt like it accelerated a little better in sport mode on highway entrance/acceleration ramp, but definitely subjective. The MPG has gotten slightly better as I have put miles on (about 6k now), but that usually happens as it breaks in anyway so unsure of measurable benefit. Still only shows 12 - 13 MPG average, but I accept that due to my lead foot (real not color haha). Was good therapy for me for $50... so why not?

Thanks for the feedback and response!

CWBROWN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going to disagree Bullishore, I was told by 5Star that a drop in filter was making similar numbers on the dyno as a CAI. If I can get similar results for $70 instead of spending $500 (or even up to $850) it might be a good option. I am under the impression the stock CAI is really good.

I don't have either yet, but waiting for some Labor Day sales.

Who really knows unless we get some of our own dyno numbers. It all still seems like trial and error at this point.

Air filter is a waste, if anything get a good CAI.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk