Anyone put a motorcycle in this thing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Punishr

Reaction score
Hey I'm buying an Indian scout. Anyone put an Indian or comparable decent size cruiser (Harley, victory, Honda) in the back of their raptor? If so how do you get the damn thing in there and what do you use to secure it? Thanks in advance. 18 supercrew

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I rescued the rider of a Honda XR-650L, a rather rangy dual-sport, near the top of Cinnamon Pass in Colorado several years back. The bike fit in the bed diagonally with the tailgate up. All I had was rope, so that's how we secured the bike and got it down off the pass. (Of course we did not have the luxury of motorcycle tie-downs or a ramp. If we'd had them, we'd have used them!)

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
^^^^^
This.

Or live in youtube infamy forever.

the choice is yours.

OP
OP
P

Punishr

Reaction score
Trailer eh? Well damn. After what a new bike costs I was hoping since I bought a new full size I'd be able to save a few bucks on the trailer and plates. But whatever.. I guess if bed loading is that dangerous I may as well suck it up.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure how long that cruiser is but I used to take my race bikes in the back of my pick up all the time.

Buy a nice aluminum folding ramp and a good set of soft tie downs, a canyon dancer that goes on your grips and some ratchet straps.

I parked in the street up to my driveway to make the job easier by lowering the overall height I had to push my motorcycles up. You however have a heavy long stretched out bike all my race bikes were 400-450lbs.

Get a buddy to help and go slow you will be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure how long that cruiser is but I used to take my race bikes in the back of my pick up all the time.

Buy a nice aluminum folding ramp and a good set of soft tie downs, a canyon dancer that goes on your grips and some ratchet straps.

I parked in the street up to my driveway to make the job easier by lowering the overall height I had to push my motorcycles up. You however have a heavy long stretched out bike all my race bikes were 400-450lbs.

Get a buddy to help and go slow you will be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What he said, this is a two person job for sure! Cruisers are twice as heavy (in general) as dirt bikes and don't try and ride it up the ramp - too many things can go wrong. I used to haul my dirtbike in my F-150 short bed all the time, but getting a 650 - 800lb cruiser in there is a whole nother story... You will have to leave the tailgate down and use your bed extender...

Dewback75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I load my CB550 into my ‘13 quite a bit (The bike is temperamental). Most of the time I park the truck in a way to lower over all height then just push it up a ramp. Put it in sideways and close the tail gate. But I’ve got my height, a short bike, and a few hundred pound advantage.

Attachments

• FD10110F-849C-45A3-882F-6FA8D8CEFD52.jpg
    FD10110F-849C-45A3-882F-6FA8D8CEFD52.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

ThugHunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outside your house in the FBI Surveillance Van
How often are you needing to carry/trailer it? If it's a one time transport, just get a few people, good ramps, park so your tailgate is low and don't record the loading. If it's gonna be often, just buy a good used trailer on craigslist or something.

reaper1441

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just pickup my 510cc hard endure bike and throw it in. Ramps are for *******����:biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_20180513_110621_866.jpg
    IMG_20180513_110621_866.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 67
Last edited: