GEN 2 Anyone know what these vent holes are for?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Twisted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These slotted vents are right above stop / start button. Sure would be a nice spot to mount the Pedal Commander Also for guys with Pedal Commander which setting is the sweet spot for best power everyday driving?

Attachments

• IMG_2813.jpg
    IMG_2813.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_2815.jpg
    IMG_2815.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 99

Raptize

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe the climate control? To help with maintaining temperature. That's what I have always thought. Similar on gen1

MikeH

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These slotted vents are right above stop / start button. Sure would be a nice spot to mount the Pedal Commander Also for guys with Pedal Commander which setting is the sweet spot for best power everyday driving?

Not climate control. Voice activation. Pedal commander sweet spot is sport +2. It really depends on what your doing though, but for everyday ripping and driving around town SPORT +2.

OP
OP
T

Twisted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I temporarily it mounted over the vent holes until I get used to what setting I like. It is real easy to read there. So we will see if I notice anything different. I started out at sport plus 4 and could immediately could tell a huge difference just backing out of the garage. I got to say this is the best less than $300.00 spent for seat of pants improvement, I ever added to any truck, toy I have ever owned. Sport plus 4 is pretty aggressive, so I will try the sport plus 2 as recommended for everyday driving. This dam truck is amazing!

GizmoVance

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I suppose you could figure it out by breathing hot air into it and seeing if the AC changes.
I doubt it's for voice since the overhead has a nice array of microphones, but who knows, maybe there's a separate pickup for Sync only. Again, easy to test: activate Sync and get super close and talk quietly and see if it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its for the heating and ac. somewhere inside is a sensor that detects the temp. when you have the auto setting on the ac turned on, thats where it detects from. every vehicle has it somewhere

Rowdy350

Reaction score
Those vents are for the speaker that activates to tell you to quit doing bad things. I keep mine covered just to be sure I don't have to listen to it.

Fly5150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mounted mine to the left of the wheel.

aab38cd8c04d21d87ecf9724aa536a8e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk