Anyone with issues of truck not starting (just cranking)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Copp5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck has roughly 4500 miles on it, I have the boostmax and pedalmax installed in the truck and i acknowledge that there have been reported issues with those, but it seems everyone with the issues relates to the truck dying or going in limp mode..

for me I stopped at a store a couple weeks ago came back out pushed the button to start and it just cranked non stop, not firing, waited a minute, tried again and it started.. hasn't done anything until yesterday.. same exact thing, just cranked, press the stop button tried again and it cranked again.. then I waited a minute and it fired.

Not sure if anyone's truck has done this? I can't replicate it obviously, and it doesn't sound like the JMS issues..

everyone on here is a lot more helpful than the ford dealers? any insight is appreciated

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My truck has roughly 4500 miles on it, I have the boostmax and pedalmax installed in the truck and i acknowledge that there have been reported issues with those, but it seems everyone with the issues relates to the truck dying or going in limp mode..

for me I stopped at a store a couple weeks ago came back out pushed the button to start and it just cranked non stop, not firing, waited a minute, tried again and it started.. hasn't done anything until yesterday.. same exact thing, just cranked, press the stop button tried again and it cranked again.. then I waited a minute and it fired.

Not sure if anyone's truck has done this? I can't replicate it obviously, and it doesn't sound like the JMS issues..

everyone on here is a lot more helpful than the ford dealers? any insight is appreciated
That's exactly what happened to my truck. Would not start just turned over. Eventually it did start and was in limp mode. You'll be lucky to get it to start. Take that shit out and send it back.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 AM ----------

I'd take it out and if it happens again you may need the dealer to reset the ECU. It's 100% the JMS gear.

OP
OP
Copp5

Copp5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's exactly what happened to my truck. Would not start just turned over. Eventually it did start and was in limp mode. You'll be lucky to get it to start. Take that shit out and send it back.

---------- Post added at 09:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 AM ----------

I'd take it out and if it happens again you may need the dealer to reset the ECU. It's 100% the JMS gear.

That's what I was thinking just wanted to confirm.. thanks for the input