Anyone have trouble with the electronic tailgate?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Non-Sense

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up my black SCREW 802a without the moonroof, no tech and BL wheels last Wednesday. Yesterday and again today I had an instance where the tailgate wouldn’t open. I could hear the lever engaging, but it wouldn’t unlock it. Both times it started working again within an hour. I love the truck so far and have had no other build issues and it drives awesome and was just wondering if anyone had any similar issue.

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This was using the keyfob? Haven't had any issues...have you talked with dealer yet?

PAW RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an issued with mine initially, but it turned out to simply be a slight overspray of the Linex bedliner. It was rubbing and keeping it from dropping automatically. A little sandpaper took care of that.

OP
OP
Non-Sense

Non-Sense

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This was with the key fob and manually. I got the factory spray in liner so I’ll check that for overhangs. Otherwise I’ll just take it in if it keeps acting up. Kind of ****** if that’s the case with only 400 miles. I would prefer a completely manual tailgate, but it is what it is. Take the good with the bad tech. Thanks guys

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I picked up my black SCREW 802a without the moonroof, no tech and BL wheels last Wednesday. Yesterday and again today I had an instance where the tailgate wouldn’t open. I could hear the lever engaging, but it wouldn’t unlock it. Both times it started working again within an hour. I love the truck so far and have had no other build issues and it drives awesome and was just wondering if anyone had any similar issue.

Mine does this too. The bumper that keeps the tailgate from rattling when closed is just a touch too thick and puts too much pressure on the latching mechanism for it release automatically. Push in on the tailgate with a few pounds of pressure to unload the latch and it will release.

sp2pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't have a problem with my tailgate, even with the Backflip MX4. I have no spray in bed liner though.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
With the bedliner the fit with the rubber bumpers is too tight. If you are opening it manually and it does it just put a little pushing pressure on the tailgate. It will pop open.

freddyfcs

Reaction score
Mine has the factory bed liner and I installed a G2 on it..never had a problem (knock on wood) .it always opened fine ...maybe the Bedliner is the problem