GEN 2 Anyone have Raptor Computer Network Woes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lightman02

Reaction score
So you think a dealer is going to find a bunch of codes then not relay that information to the customer and instead make up a story about a network issue? Sounds legitimate. And ecu failure is a much more common diagnosis for "codes coming from everywhere " than one "first in line " failure as you stated.

Ok dude, whatever you say, go pick a fight with someone who cares.

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you have multiple lights coming on and loss of control to certain things in the vehicle there will be multiple codes generated for all the failures in various modules. Even the power windows and locks have a module in each door that controls that function, they all talk on the same network and all generate failure codes. These codes cannot also be read on a normal OBD2 scanner but Forscan can probably read them. When you have a network or electrical failure a bunch of codes will generate for each module but finding the wire or module pulling down the whole network is tricky. These devices are all connected together in a loop, they are not isolated like normal Ethernet networks. Finding the module or wiring effecting these systems is a pain in the ass. But you usually start with the module that threw the first code in the list for good practice.

You're out of your league here

I had one of the first 2015 F150s with this CAN error, happened within 200 miles of leaving the dealership

Total christmas tree lights on dashboard plus lost some vehicle drivability stuff

Dealer found no codes ... they thought it was a loose battery connection ... drove 15 miles away and happened again, connected truck to tech's computer while dashboard is going crazy ... still not throwing codes

Total CAN meltdown

Search the regular F150 forum, you'll see pictures and videos there

Most of them turned out to be a pinched wire under the driver's seat or the throttle body - others like mine just had a problem short, and Ford took it back

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I had one of the first 2015 F150s with this CAN error, happened within 200 miles of leaving the dealership

Total christmas tree lights on dashboard plus lost some vehicle drivability stuff

Dealer found no codes ... they thought it was a loose battery connection ... drove 15 miles away and happened again, connected truck to tech's computer while dashboard is going crazy ... still not throwing codes

Total CAN meltdown

Most of them turned out to be a pinched wire under the driver's seat or the throttle body - others like mine just had a problem short, and Ford took it back

Deleted......

Last edited:

lightman02

Reaction score

Total CAN meltdown

What is your point? Not all things fail the same way and not all symptoms are caused by the same exact reason every time. Yes, there may be codes, there may not be, the network can still be looked at on a scope, codes or not. I said it's a good practice to start with the first one generated, if it applies. So how am I out of my league exactly? How do you know how much knowledge I have or weather I'm out of my league? How do you know the dealer even told you the truth? Why the hell would Ford take a truck back for a pinched wire??

Last edited:

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is your point? Not all things fail the same way and not all symptoms are caused by the same exact reason every time. Yes, there may be codes, there may not be, the network can still be looked at on a scope, codes or not. I said it's a good practice to start with the first one generated, if it applies. So how am I out of my league exactly? How do you know how much knowledge I have or weather I'm out of my league? How do you know the dealer even told you the truth? Why the hell would Ford take a truck back for a pinched wire??

Continue on telling us how to troubleshoot something you've never seen before, should work out well

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

Fred didn't deserve it.

I saw the original reply and was WTF but realized he didn't see that I was in agreement with smoke

lightman02

Reaction score
Continue on telling us how to troubleshoot something you've never seen before, should work out well

How do you know I've never seen it before? You don't know what my skills are, you don't even know me either so stop pretending you do. Have fun being a naïve ass.