anyone facing the engine light came on and off?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cao0215

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ve been seen engine light on for a whole day and off for 3 to 4 days, then rotation back and disappeared. Back to dealer, they can not find the wrong code in my truck

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I ve been seen engine light on for a whole day and off for 3 to 4 days, then rotation back and disappeared. Back to dealer, they can not find the wrong code in my truck

Get an OBDII wifi or bluetooth reader on amazon for $12ish and grab an app like OBDII Fusion or Torque and then the next time you get the light you can read the code immediately and find out what it is.

This is $20-30 that everybody should spend on their truck IMO

nanochicken

Reaction score
Get an OBDII wifi or bluetooth reader on amazon for $12ish and grab an app like OBDII Fusion or Torque and then the next time you get the light you can read the code immediately and find out what it is.

Shouldn't the code stay in memory even after the CEL goes off?

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
Some are soft codes that do not store in memory. Misfire codes are an example of this - they are cleared on each ignition cycle.

OP
OP
C

cao0215

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I ll get one just in case to check it immediately when it is on. Thanks

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Some are soft codes that do not store in memory. Misfire codes are an example of this - they are cleared on each ignition cycle.

Maybe it's one of those "silent" misfires that the driver can't really notice.

What is the world could be causing such a misfire?????? And is there any remedy for it?

Good thing Sasquatch is here to help all these "new" members.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I ll get one just in case to check it immediately when it is on. Thanks

Good call, they're great fun for monitoring stuff on the truck too, those apps do all sorts of other cool stuff. I use OBDII fusion and like it, but I hear Torque is better.