Anyone else have trouble mailing oil sample to Blacstone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zemuron99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I submitted a sample for Blackstone labs to the USPS on Tuesday, as of today (Saturday) the tracking number still isn't in the system. I'll assume someone at the PO saw it, opened the outer (black) bottle, then dug out the contents, couldn't tell what the black liquid inside was, and discarded it.

Probably partially my fault for just using the after-hours drop box rather than taking it inside. Fortunately, I still have some oil left from the drain so I can send in another one. Just curious though, has anyone else had trouble getting a sample to the lab ? If the postal clerk hesitated/refused to take it, how did you respond? I did print the letter from the Blackstone website so I can take it in when I take my next sample in to show them.

Anyone just box it up and mail it?

Thx.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
My last sample was almost 6 weeks in transit

OP
OP
zemuron99

zemuron99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To close the loop

Despite the tracking number never being entered by the PO, I received my sample analysis yesterday. Go figure. 1858 miles, changed the filter at about 500 miles. High boron, silicon, few other minor things all attributed to wear-in on a new engine. Fuel dilution was 0, antifreeze was 0, so very happy with that.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
so like the way mine went for delivery. ‘figures.

at least they got it.