Is anyone considering cancelling???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just wondering, with all the reviews and rumors about the transmission issues, is anyone else like me and thinking of cancelling their order and waiting for the 2018?

shapiroeric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You mean reviews like this?

" it’s the new 10-speed automatic that lets it flow so smoothly. Each shift fires off quicker than the last, reminiscent of a dual-clutch unit’s finesse. And most surprisingly, we didn’t find the transmission hunting for gears at all, always seeming to pick the right place to be. "

and this....

"Shifts are smoother and faster than you’d expect, and the shift mapping is smarter than you, so while the massive paddle shifters may beckon for you to pull them, it’s best to leave the gearbox to its own devices"

Teledatgeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the reviews I have read have been stellar. All this is going to do is drive demand and make it even harder to get one soon! Love the reference to an off road Mustang by a couple of them since I'm selling my Mustang and getting the Raptor!

Mjc123

Reaction score
Ive read a couple of reviews that didn't love the transmission. With ten gears, I would think a good portion of the complaints could be addressed with software updates. I wonder if that is even possible with this truck. After having a Tesla, its strange to think of not getting software updates.

john94si

Reaction score
I just hope it doesn't end up anything like the fiat/jeep 9 speed POS.. My 8 speed ram has been flawless.

OP
OP
D

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You mean reviews like this?

" it’s the new 10-speed automatic that lets it flow so smoothly. Each shift fires off quicker than the last, reminiscent of a dual-clutch unit’s finesse. And most surprisingly, we didn’t find the transmission hunting for gears at all, always seeming to pick the right place to be. "

and this....

"Shifts are smoother and faster than you’d expect, and the shift mapping is smarter than you, so while the massive paddle shifters may beckon for you to pull them, it’s best to leave the gearbox to its own devices"

No, I mean more like reviews from "Car and Driver" and other mainstream reviews that are like this....

"Even under full throttle, it slurs shifts in Normal mode. For quicker gear swaps, you have to use the mode switch on the steering wheel to toggle the truck into Sport—one of six available settings—at which point those shifts occasionally are rather harsh. And, when cruising, every toe tip into the throttle reminds us what a big number 10 is, as the transmission shuffles down to find the necessary gear."

And also the fact there is clearly an issue at the plant with early production models that they are trying to fix.

shapiroeric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, I mean more like reviews from "Car and Driver" and other mainstream reviews that are like this....

"Even under full throttle, it slurs shifts in Normal mode. For quicker gear swaps, you have to use the mode switch on the steering wheel to toggle the truck into Sport—one of six available settings—at which point those shifts occasionally are rather harsh. And, when cruising, every toe tip into the throttle reminds us what a big number 10 is, as the transmission shuffles down to find the necessary gear."

And also the fact there is clearly an issue at the plant with early production models that they are trying to fix.

Yes I saw the C&D review and honestly it's a concern...I honestly think the most important reviews are going to come from the people on this board that take delivery soon....some real world feedback....I have a couple of dealers out fo town for MSRP orders but haven't pulled the trigger just yet....my Sierra Denali is only a year old so it's tough to get rid of it so quick but I'm probably going to do it....