Anyone added beadlock rings to stock BL ready wheels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You remove the beauty ring, that exposes all the other Beadlock Ring bolt holes. You must have a tire shop break the tire from the inside edge of the outer bead and move the tire to the outer edge, then secure the tire to the rim using the Beadlock Ring. Ford has very specific pattern and torque instructions for the entire procedure that must be followed.

OP
OP
FatBuoy

FatBuoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You remove the beauty ring, that exposes all the other Beadlock Ring bolt holes. You must have a tire shop break the tire from the inside edge of the outer bead and move the tire to the outer edge, then secure the tire to the rim using the Beadlock Ring. Ford has very specific pattern and torque instructions for the entire procedure that must be followed.

Awesome. Thank you.

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if you know this or not, but you are not able to run a bead locked wheel on public roads. Ford does state it in their instructions. I do believe its all over the us. Someone else may help with this info also.

OP
OP
FatBuoy

FatBuoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if you know this or not, but you are not able to run a bead locked wheel on public roads. Ford does state it in their instructions. I do believe its all over the us. Someone else may help with this info also.

May be the case, thanks. But realistically, I live in Texas so am not worried. You should see the shit people drive on the roads here....

Raceredi2

Reaction score
Installed rings finally

I ran around with them on my '14 Screw and never had any issues. Never lost any air pressure either. I got these before my truck arrived and had them powder coated. Just got around to covering them over.

The top side profile pic is the factory beauty ring. The bottom one is with the Beadlock ring.

Attachments

• IMG_0563.jpg
    IMG_0563.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_0570.jpg
    IMG_0570.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_0551.jpg
    IMG_0551.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_0562.jpg
    IMG_0562.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 204

Swarfworks

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good! I've been really tempted to get the beadlock rings. My brother has run true beadlocks on the road for years and has never had an issue or been hassled. He had some true beadlocks on his truck 15 years ago that were off of one of Walker Evans race trucks. Much harder to get away with it back then. And they were bright red. I think with all the fake beadlocks around it makes running true beadlocks easier to get away with.

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you do install the real beadlock rings make sure you check the torque every few hundred miles or so. Since they are illegal and require maintenance, you should only get them if you plan on using them by running lower tire pressure off road or do lots of running where you might blow a bead.

If running the real rings offer no advantage to you then I don't see any reason why you would/should do it.

Last edited: