Anybody else disappointed in the tail light brightness?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
I was following one of these in dark, wet weather... I could hardly see the back of the truck. I guess this is why the revamp on the rear was pushed ahead... need brighter tail lights.

TXCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know what you mean though, they could definitely be brighter. I wonder if its as simple as swapping higher lumen bulbs? Another question, on my 2014 the tail lights were unique to a raptor, not sure if thats the case on the 17's. Are they different (other than the marker light below them) than the regular F150?

TXCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Introducing a unique taillight or just brighter? Do you know if a bulb swap would do the trick or is it more complicated than that?

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Another question, on my 2014 the tail lights were unique to a raptor, not sure if thats the case on the 17's.

No they weren't. They were the same black trimmed halogen tail lights that you could get on a 2011-14 FX4.

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always hated my 13s reverse brightness. Put in some good LEDs and they are killer. Want to do the same for tail lights and switchbacks for the front turn signals

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
Introducing a unique taillight or just brighter? Do you know if a bulb swap would do the trick or is it more complicated than that?

It is a complete new housing with much more light. You can't fix this in 15-17 trucks, because it is an LED trim ring. No way to make that brighter.