Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums > Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]

Any Dearborn Plant employees here?

This is a discussion on Any Dearborn Plant employees here? within the Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2] forums, part of the GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums category!
Originally Posted by Fergusf16 I'm in Detroit today, headed over to do the Rouge tour, hopefully get some good pics. ...

User Tag List

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2017, 04:20 PM   #11 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by Fergusf16 View Post
I'm in Detroit today, headed over to do the Rouge tour, hopefully get some good pics.
Sweet! Take tons of lead foot pics if you can please.

omar510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 04:57 PM   #12 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

The 18s are exactly the same on the exterior as the 17s. The one I saw without the appliqué did NOT have F150 stamped on it.

The tailights are exactly the same as 17 too.

Seeing it roll down the assembly line makes you realize how much better the headlights look compared to regular F150s new look.

Most Raptors were Shadow Black and Lead Foot Grey. I saw one Race Red that wasn't fully assembled yet and it looked bad ass. Lead Foot looks awesome too.

I ordered a Black one last month and my order is on hold for the beadlock capable wheels. 90 percent of the ones on the line today had the beadlock wheels, go figure.

They just shut the plant down for a few hours and sent everyone home. I guess that's normal for a model year change as they work through the changeover.

The tour is awesome, I came up here in 12 when I bought my first Raptor to see it built. Highly recommend coming up here to Rouge and The Henry Ford.

Sorry, no pics allowed😏
FullAuto and df4801 like this.
Fergusf16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 04:59 PM   #13 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

Originally Posted by CSJr View Post
I have my suspicions as to why they did this...
1. Force all 18 owners to opt for the applique that markets FORD. (Cause no applique is ugly)
2. Cost saving measure over the F-150 badge on no applique.
3. Prevent owners from de-badging F-150 on no appique.
Yup!

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

I love hearing that about lead foot!

The 18s are exactly the same on the exterior as the 17s. The one I saw without the appliqué did NOT have F150 stamped on it.

The tailights are exactly the same as 17 too.

Seeing it roll down the assembly line makes you realize how much better the headlights look compared to regular F150s new look.

Most Raptors were Shadow Black and Lead Foot Grey. I saw one Race Red that wasn't fully assembled yet and it looked bad ass. Lead Foot looks awesome too.

I ordered a Black one last month and my order is on hold for the beadlock capable wheels. 90 percent of the ones on the line today had the beadlock wheels, go figure.

They just shut the plant down for a few hours and sent everyone home. I guess that's normal for a model year change as they work through the changeover.

The tour is awesome, I came up here in 12 when I bought my first Raptor to see it built. Highly recommend coming up here to Rouge and The Henry Ford.

Sorry, no pics allowed😏

FOR SALE OR TRADE: New Baja Designs 50" S8 Driving combo Light Bar $925 or trade for a Borla ATAK
FullAuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 05:05 PM   #14 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Yep, there were a bunch of Lead Foots in there, prob even more than black. Lead Foot really looks good with the Beadlock Capable wheels. Great choice, cool to see in person.
Old 07-17-2017, 05:23 PM   #15 (permalink)

"The one I saw without the appliqué did NOT have F150 stamped on it."

Best news I've heard all day.
FullAuto likes this.
madrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 05:26 PM   #16 (permalink)

FRF Supporting Member

Yep, there were a bunch of Lead Foots in there, prob even more than black. Lead Foot really looks good with the Beadlock Capable wheels. Great choice, cool to see in person.
My local dealer is expecting delivery of a lead foot Raptor sometime in August. I can't wait to see it.
NASSTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 05:40 PM   #17 (permalink)

Applique is standard on 2018. My order summary dated 7/11/2017 shows it as $0. You can delete it according to dealership.
Red2alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 05:42 PM   #18 (permalink)

I took the leap of faith and ordered the Leadfoot with Beadlocks. Glad to hear it looks good!
NES431 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 06:13 PM   #19 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

You can bet the reason they did it was for cost savings. A stamped tailgate for every F-150 versus the little decals over the long hauls going to save money...

Glad I got a 17 I don't like the applique at all. I had it on my Platinum I didn't like that either.

But I do like my painted F-150 oval in the back to match my truck👍
Robtor310 likes this.
ChevTillNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 06:47 PM   #20 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Madrap,

Haha, I waited awhile to see a Ruby Red Screw non Appliqué make it to final inspection so I could see the tailgate up close under the lights. It was the same as a 17. No Stamp. That's a good thing.

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

Originally Posted by NES431 View Post
I took the leap of faith and ordered the Leadfoot with Beadlocks. Glad to hear it looks good!
You will be a happy man.

Did they accept your order with the beadlocks? Im getting the run around right now.

I ordered a 17 last October that never got pulled because of beadlocks and or CF. It was always one or the other needed to be deleted. I didn't change my order and waited for an 18. Now I'm told BLs are holding up my order AGAIN.