Any Day Now.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ameration

ameration

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel your pain. Mine was built 2 days before yours and I won't see until next week :mad:

That sucks.

I’m only 3 hours away from the Rouge Plant though - straight to a truck for delivery, no rail cars, etc....

When FP says dealer delivery between Aug 3-7, and it’s still sitting on the ramp on Aug 8, I’m getting irritated.

Freeon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sucks.

I’m only 3 hours away from the Rouge Plant though - straight to a truck for delivery, no rail cars, etc....

When FP says dealer delivery between Aug 3-7, and it’s still sitting on the ramp on Aug 8, I’m getting irritated.

I got delivery week of the August 15 from my dealer. But since it was build only days before yours and your is still on the ramp I'm now not convinced I'll see it next week.:Frustrated:. I can't believe that with the amount of money were paying for these trucks that Ford can't provide us with better time lines/tracking information.

OP
OP
ameration

ameration

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got delivery week of the August 15 from my dealer. But since it was build only days before yours and your is still on the ramp I'm now not convinced I'll see it next week.:Frustrated:. I can't believe that with the amount of money were paying for these trucks that Ford can't provide us with better time lines/tracking information.

My dealer explained that Raptors are delivered on a smaller trailer/truck because of their extra width it’s a super tight fit on traditional car carriers. They said every Raptor that’s been delivered to hem has come on a smaller trailer that can hold 3 trucks.

I’m thinking this is part of the added delay as Ford isn’t going to send the trailer until they fill it up with Raptors for this area.

Regardless - it’s frustrating but it will come soon.....I hope.

Freeon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer explained that Raptors are delivered on a smaller trailer/truck because of their extra width it’s a super tight fit on traditional car carriers. They said every Raptor that’s been delivered to hem has come on a smaller trailer that can hold 3 trucks.

I’m thinking this is part of the added delay as Ford isn’t going to send the trailer until they fill it up with Raptors for this area.

Well if that's the problem I'll fly there and pick it up myself and save them the trouble lol.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Just FYI I think every one of our Raptors has been delivered on a regular carrier. Now they do only fit at certain places but they don't have to be hauled on a special carrier.

OP
OP
ameration

ameration

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just FYI I think every one of our Raptors has been delivered on a regular carrier. Now they do only fit at certain places but they don't have to be hauled on a special carrier.

Ok - maybe it’s because my dealership is in a small town, but they told me the Raptors that have in stock all came on a smaller 3 vehicle trailer, all other F-150’s come in on a standard carrier.

Who knows.....

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok - maybe it’s because my dealership is in a small town, but they told me the Raptors that have in stock all came on a smaller 3 vehicle trailer, all other F-150’s come in on a standard carrier.

Who knows.....

That could be the case. Once in a while we'll have units delivered on a 3 or 4 unit flat trailer but we're further from the rail yard. It's probably cost effective on the shorter to use a smaller truck. Not so much on the longer deliveries.

Was just pointing out that the Raptors do fit on regular carries.

Ford's vehicle delivery process tracking and ETA's have a bit to be desired. So many things affect how accurate the dates end up being. Typically there aren't many shipping issues this time of yea.

The wait will be over before you know it and you'll be loving your new truck!

Be glad you weren't one of us that ordered in 17' when the trucks first came available. People waited up to 2 months from build date until they took delivery. The delays and wait were p a i n f u l l!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Don’t forget @‘03Darin, early 17’s were held back for additional Q/A as well. Mine was one that was held by Ford for about a month.

I hope you guys aren’t waiting due to some not yet known bug they’re trying to run to ground...