Another transmission toast!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
This is my 3rd Raptor, was very excited when I got it but now not so sure. Transmission started leaking at 2000 mi. Took it in and they put a new pan and gasket on it. On a cross state trip on Friday, the transmission started acting up, slamming into gears really hard. Took it to the nearest Ford dealer, they say the transmission has to come out. Might be 2 weeks till I get the truck back! Gave me a little Honda CR-V to drive. Now I am waiting to hear from Ford customer service to call me back! Have not heard from the case worker yet! Shouldn't they have to at least give me some kind of truck to drive?

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That sucks man. They should have you in a Lariat or better truck in my opinion. Hope its a quick fix.

Teledatgeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ugh.... I learned on Friday that my not yet delivered Raptor is being held due to a part for the transmission. I'm up to 4+ weeks. Hopefully you don't have that kind of wait. As my dealer said - at least you're not halfway across the country or something.

Seems like they would do a recall on the ones delivered at this point.

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WTF?? Something that you may want to have them check is the wiring... a friend of a friend kept going through race-built transmissions in his Cummins Dodge truck. Turned out that there was a wiring issue somewhere that compromised the operation of the trans... Once that was sorted out, it quit eating transmissions.

OP
OP
M
Reaction score
WTF?? Something that you may want to have them check is the wiring... a friend of a friend kept going through race-built transmissions in his Cummins Dodge truck. Turned out that there was a wiring issue somewhere that compromised the operation of the trans... Once that was sorted out, it quit eating transmissions.

It's pucking oil out the top of the transmission, and has to come out!

D

Deleted member 12951

Tell them you need a truck for your business or work, regardless if you do or not. They should accommodate that but I would of demanded that from the beginning not afterwards.

OP
OP
M
Reaction score
Well it's been 3 days now no response from Ford customer service, dealer won't call back. The dealer where it ended up refused to give me a truck, lucky I got something to drive! My dealer says it's in Ford customer services power to get me a truck. I wish I knew how long this will take.