GEN 2 Another Loreto Run 1700 Miles 4 days

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KentSD

www.BookBaja.com Baja yacht Support
Reaction score
Got the truck back from the Dealer Monday after been in and out of the shop fixed all the noises and problems. North county Ford did a great job making sure it was in perfect order.

Took off Thursday to Loreto at 4am-

Running strong and smooth no mechanical issues. At mile 450 i got out just to check out lugs and tires as i usually do and sure enough i heard some air rushing out of passenger side left (BFG 37 D load) (They do not make E load T/A in 37 unfortunately) The 35" Spare didn't have a working valve stem so thank you Ford for that. My ******* for not checking it though... So I was loosing about 1 PSI per 3/4 mile i got 30 miles down road before i was at 20PSI - Fellow Raptor went by and had a nice air compressor in the back and loaded me up to about 55 PSI that got me to Guerrero ***** on 20 PSI again wherre i patched it up at a local shop for an entire $6 bucks then got to Loreto...

Way home i decided NOT to take the fun ways and did the road the entire way.
drove a lot slower because i had a patch job on there....and boom my luck gushing air out the driver side rear now... Couldn't believe it. Got out and jumped right back in the truck as i knew i was only 3 miles to Cocos Corner. Got there with 10PSI --- Im pretty much screwed... Ghetto rigged the shit out of the spare 35 valve stem and got me home limping to San Diego last night... All in a days work!

These D load tires are the worst! Bring back the E load BFG!!!!!!

Loreto and San Cosme epic as usual though so still had another epic trip

KentSD on insta for some more shots and videos

Attachments

• FullSizeRender 11.jpg
    FullSizeRender 11.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_8801.jpg
    IMG_8801.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 79
  • FullSizeRender 9.jpg
    FullSizeRender 9.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 85
D

Deleted member 12951

GEN2 should of had Load C. How did those do in Baja? Thought the only choice on KO2's was E from a tire shop.

What my KO's looked like after Baja. They were practically new when before I went.

683947feb5c55680daadcfffcb0ad8f0.jpg

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
RDFTS,

Chunkey funkee monkey! Youch! There's saying goodbye to $300! Fronts any better? Do much sliding around corners? Or from accelerating in sharp rocky areas?

KentSD,
Font or rear? Glass? Nail? stone?

I've seen my share of flats, always from Nails/screws/glass etc. Going offroad with friends it seems those that like to spin their tires going around corners on rocky trails often chunk their tires and are predisposed to flats on the rear....

Eddie

OP
OP
KentSD

KentSD

www.BookBaja.com Baja yacht Support
Reaction score
GEN2 should of had Load C. How did those do in Baja? Thought the only choice on KO2's was E from a tire shop.

What my KO's looked like after Baja. They were practically new when before I went.

683947feb5c55680daadcfffcb0ad8f0.jpg

My old KOs use to look like that after a run. But when i was on some rocky washes.

KO2 tread stick together better thats for sure. Today i took tires to discount and they though it may look like a warranty issue as the top of the tread split in the exact same spot on both times so BFG is looking into it for me. Hey ill take some free tires if they wanna give them to me! Wish they brought back the 10ply though on my size

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

RDFTS,

Chunkey funkee monkey! Youch! There's saying goodbye to $300! Fronts any better? Do much sliding around corners? Or from accelerating in sharp rocky areas?

KentSD,
Font or rear? Glass? Nail? stone?

I've seen my share of flats, always from Nails/screws/glass etc. Going offroad with friends it seems those that like to spin their tires going around corners on rocky trails often chunk their tires and are predisposed to flats on the rear....

Eddie

No i know better then to slide in the rocky areas. No nails or screws. Front are fine. But the tires are burning through fast. 9k on them and already maybe at 40% life left.

My buddy down in Loreto has about 30% tread left with only 5k on his. Seems like the KO2 wear a lot faster or could be the truck is that much faster its eating tires