Annoying that Ford does not plastic wrap for protection when shipping

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRAGONFLY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every other manufacturer it appears ships there cars and trucks with a white paint protection wrap but I never see this on any Ford, that comes of the rail transporter cars. GMC/Chevy are completely wrapping the grill, hood, roof and front fenders as well as the tailgates.
Ford might put a couple of strips under the door handles but that's about it.
My gripe is that they wrap for protection while being delivered to the dealership yet Ford doesn't see the
point, I'm concerned because i don't want a spec of rock damage on my up coming 2018 Raptor.
Have you 2017 Raptor owners had any issues with the paint at time of pick up. Or issues with the paint finish in general.

Raptize

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every other manufacturer it appears ships there cars and trucks with a white paint protection wrap but I never see this on any Ford, that comes of the rail transporter cars. GMC/Chevy are completely wrapping the grill, hood, roof and front fenders as well as the tailgates.
My gripe is that they wrap for protection while being delivered to the dealership yet Ford doesn't see the
point, I'm concerned because i don't want a spec of rock damage on my up coming 2018 Raptor.
Have you 2017 Raptor owners had any issues with the paint at time of pick up. Or issues with the paint finish in general.
:smiley-face-popcorn

OP
OP
D

DRAGONFLY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn truck alright but its $80,000 of truck and unlike some of you with money trees growing in your orchard, this is the single biggest purchase I've made since buying a house, I've saved and saved for this for over 2years. Don't tell me you wouldn't be pissed if at time of pick up you found paint chips on the hood. All other manufacturers are protecting their products, Ford should to.
Its a reasonable question given the price these are selling for.
Clearly some people on this forum are just spoiled *****.

MJslasherADMIN

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yes. Mine was covered in a thick substance similar to what would be left on paint if you removed an old stickers after years. Black shit that water, soap etc and pressure washer would not bring off. It was up under the fenders also. I had to use Goo Gone to get it off. Its still on the under body.

I too dont like my paint damaged. But I do take my truck off road. There were a couple of small scratches and stuff when i picked it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Truck-in-Muck

Reaction score
Every other manufacturer it appears ships there cars and trucks with a white paint protection wrap but I never see this on any Ford, that comes of the rail transporter cars.

My Raptor was wrapped.

No.

J.Bodolay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crap, I'm in a tight spot now.

After reading this thread, I'm not sure which gripe to put at the top position of my RMCL (Raptor Major Calamity List):
o Outfitter switches 'Turn on' when in the fwd position instead of rearward (or vise-versa, I can't remember)
o Not enough Saran wrap on truck when its shipped to the dealer.