Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums > Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]

Android Auto without USB?

This is a discussion on Android Auto without USB? within the Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2] forums, part of the GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums category!
Android auto via Bluetooth without hooking up USB on center console screen? Is it possible? I can get it to ...

User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Cusenation7
  • 1 Post By aizdaman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2017, 09:45 AM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default Android Auto without USB?
Android auto via Bluetooth without hooking up USB on center console screen? Is it possible? I can get it to show up on the phone screen, but not on the center console.
weezy likes this.

Cusenation7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 10:25 AM   #2 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I do not think its possible because of the bandwidth needed to make the experience not laggy on truck's screen. I believe that is main reason why the connection needs to be made over USB.

It is possible I read that wrong as well but that is what I saw online previously when looking into this.
pughde likes this.

aizdaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 11:14 AM   #3 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Originally Posted by aizdaman View Post
I do not think its possible because of the bandwidth needed to make the experience not laggy on truck's screen. I believe that is main reason why the connection needs to be made over USB.

It is possible I read that wrong as well but that is what I saw online previously when looking into this.
The excuse I heard on Apple's CarPlay is it drains the battery too much and the forced connection is to prevent running down people's batteries and having them bitch about dead phones.

I've never run Android Auto but unless it is simply mirroring the phone, lag shouldn't be an issue. I assume the GUI is running on the truck and only data is coming from the phone. To do it any other way would be dumb and prone to lag.
jaz13 is offline   Reply With Quote