GEN 2 Am I stuck in anti theft mode?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CigarSmokingZombie

Reaction score
Just as I started loving my truck (9k miles) them bam! Engine dies on the highway. I received a warning that I think was transmission fluid low 2x then engine cutoff. I pulled off the road and every freaking light inside and outside the car was flashing. Horn started going off. WTF. Yes, I have a PC which I removed, disconnected the battery for about 5 minutes but nothing worked. Car would not start or power up. Just flashing and honking. Am I stuck in some some anti theft mode? Towed to dealer for drama tomorrow hoping my tow guy (who showed up 45 minutes early) wasn't taking my baby to a chop shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

CigarSmokingZombie

Reaction score
Ok, so turns out issue is from a BCM that got saturated from a leak (bad rain yesterday) coming from the windshield I had replaced 4 months ago due to crack. There were never any visible leaks. So in summary, a pebble killed the Raptor. We will see if drying all this stuff out works. Service tech told me there are only 3 BCMs in the entire country :). Leary about not replacing entire components...we will see.

Spartan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which PC do you have? Just curious. Do you mean the break control module? That is inside the truck under the dash behind the firewall right? That is one crazy story. More like whoever did the windshield killed the raptor if true. Good luck.

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Ok, so turns out issue is from a BCM that got saturated from a leak (bad rain yesterday) coming from the windshield I had replaced 4 months ago due to crack. There were never any visible leaks. So in summary, a pebble killed the Raptor. We will see if drying all this stuff out works. Service tech told me there are only 3 BCMs in the entire country :). Leary about not replacing entire components...we will see.

I am profoundly saddened to hear this. I do hope you’re back on the road soon!