Allocation/Order Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Agswin

Reaction score
Back story is that I have a SCREW coming in next Thursday but want to re-order and get a SCAB. The is dealer telling me that he knows the total allocations that he gets for the year already (31) and that he only has 20 or so spoken for. He is willing to order a vehicle for me at MSRP but that he can't give me a build date or anything because Ford only allows them to upload 3-4 a month.

My question is, does the dealer know how many allocations he has at the beginning of the year and does the above scenario sound like what is actually occurring?
The reason I am curious, is because I have another dealer saying that "you are next in line for an allocation but we have not received another one yet"

So it appears one dealership knows how many allocations they have for the year and the other doesn't. Or maybe the 2nd dealer is using the wrong terminology, meaning he has an allocation but Ford hasn't allowed him to send the order in yet.

taco-13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealer knows how many allocations they have. The zone rep controls when they can be used. That's my understanding of the process over the last 7 months.