For all this money...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bailer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
....why doesn't Ford put integrated roof rails on our trucks? They would look good and be really useful. Standard issue on pretty much every SUV...might as well put this massive roof to work!

....or how about with all these cameras on our trucks, why not add a hard drive and give us integrated dash cams, or how about security cams we can access through the FordPass app.

Loving my Raptor, these are just some of my thoughts as I obsess over it, lol.

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can't you add roof rails? The truck is already too tall for a lot of things and I don't think any trucks come with roof rails. Personally, I would never use them and I don't really think they look good.

As for the cameras, they are angled to help you maneuver truck and see where it is with respect to it's surroundings and they would not work for a dash camera. Like the roof rails, a dash camera can be added.

The truck is already equipped with a security system and sensors in the cab.

Sent from my 2017 Raptor using Tapatalk

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
....why doesn't Ford put integrated roof rails on our trucks? They would look good and be really useful. Standard issue on pretty much every SUV...might as well put this massive roof to work!

....or how about with all these cameras on our trucks, why not add a hard drive and give us integrated dash cams, or how about security cams we can access through the FordPass app.

Roof rails?

Do you want to perma-mount kayaks like the Subaru poseurs? [not all Suub owners are poseurs]

D

Deleted member 12951

Yeck on the roof rails.

Cameras always on would be a battery drain and would need a reliable motion sensor so it doesn't stay running. If I leave my waylens camera on all night, battery dead in the morning

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Regarding the mini van roof racks, too tall and way too ugly. Technology not there yet on the camera systems. The latter is one of the many reasons I hung onto my Gen 1. I'll only "upgrade" once the tech is there (the Jenny doesn't even have a full digital dash panel) and when the new 7.0 liter dual overhead cam V8 makes its debut.