AG 801A screw arrived

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roscopeeco78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Greeting raptorians

My raptor is all ready for me to pick up tomorrow morning. I got the 801A package with some upgrades. My total sticker including destination was just under 63k. I got the LED side mirror lights and I am pretty sure I was told that included painted side mirrors. I went to look at the truck tonight and noticed the side mirrors were not painted and the door handles were not painted. Is that feature only available in the 802 and > package.

I am not unhappy just wanted to make sure that I get what I paid for. The door handles in black on an AG truck provide some great contrast by the way. I would be upset if the handles were not painted on a darker truck like SB or Magnetic.

Thanks for the responses.

for the record mine was an early october order and a December 17th build. Was at ramp 59 just under a month. The dealer charged sticker as well.

stealthfrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the mirrors should be body color if you got the spotlights. the door handles are an 802a only.
it seems this is happening with every 801a truck with the spotlight mirrors. on the website it shows painted and every truck delivered is black. file a claim with your dealer for a misbuild and see what happens.

OP
OP
roscopeeco78

roscopeeco78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are right. On the FP website the truck has black handles with painted side mirrors. The side mirrors have LED lights as well. I remember my salesman tell me that the LED option includes painted side mirrors.

I wonder how they are going to solve this one.

stealthfrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are right. On the FP website the truck has black handles with painted side mirrors. The side mirrors have LED lights as well. I remember my salesman tell me that the LED option includes painted side mirrors.

I wonder how they are going to solve this one.

its very easy as ive asked my buddy about this. you file a misbuilt claim and ford will respond to it and authorize the dealer to change them out.
honestly since i have yet to see a 801a truck with the painted caps with the led lights, i have a feeling ford didnt make note of this on the build sheets and its getting overlooked.

OP
OP
roscopeeco78

roscopeeco78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Stealth.

I also had one other question. My tailgate is not dampened on opening. It will slam down if I let go of it. I was under the assumption that every 63k truck had a dampening system incorporated in their tailgates.

combatninja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
According to Ford's website, the only way to get painted mirrors is with 802A pack. The configurator won't even let you build it otherwise so I don't know why you are confused. I think that if you spec 801A and then spec the spotlights, the configurator will generate an image that shows body color mirrors but this is just a quirk of the Build Your Own feature. If you read through the options it is clear.

As to the tailgate, it should be dampened. It really seems like Ford is doing a terrible job with quality control on these trucks.

Last edited:

Ltl6pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
According to Ford's website, the only way to get painted mirrors is with 802A pack. The configurator won't even let you build it otherwise so I don't know why you are confused. I think that if you spec 801A and then spec the spotlights, the configurator will generate an image that shows body color mirrors but this is just a quirk of the Build Your Own feature. If you read through the options it is clear.

As to the tailgate, it should be dampened. It really seems like Ford is doing a terrible job with quality control on these trucks.

It looks like the Late November and the December builds are seeing a lot of the little things that are being over looked during the build, and also some issues as in rattles, noise while in 4 auto and so on. Would be nice to see the numbers and issues with the trucks that where held from the October and early November builds, compared to the number of trucks built in December and January that have issues.

Oris19

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I also have an 801a due here any day. And opted for this also. And where I saw it stated "Body color skull caps" was on the Raptor equipment group page -(#25 ) I copied off the Ford Division website. But I don't know how to post a pic of it here. It says it right on the options list. -"Power glass with heat, turn signal, auto dimming feature (drivers side), LED security approach lamps and Body-Color Skull Caps"....

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I also have an 801a due here any day. And opted for this also. And where I saw it stated "Body color skull caps" was on the Raptor equipment group page -(#25 ) I copied off the Ford Division website. But I don't know how to post a pic of it here. It says it right on the options list. -"Power glass with heat, turn signal, auto dimming feature (drivers side), LED security approach lamps and Body-Color Skull Caps"....

Correct. If you get 801a and then add the spotlight mirrors as an option you get painted skullcaps. Ford effed up and OP needs to open a claim and have them switched out. Not a huge deal but still a pain in the ass for a new truck.