Aftermarket blow off valves

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Punishr

Reaction score
Any guidance on good aftermarket blow off valves and where to have them installed (I'm a tinkerer but engines these days are significantly more complicated.. I'd rather have it done professionally. I'm in Michigan)? What's the benefit of having them and I bought the extended warranty.. Will this void my factory or extended? Currently 7k miles. Thanks in advance.

Ps, before I get snowflaked, I tried to search this but search results kept giving an error.

OP
OP
P

Punishr

Reaction score

Yeah... Why was literally my question.. Literally... "what's the benefit".... So your question was LITERALLY my question. Strong work bro.

Also.. I searched other threads and it delivered a fractured result for some reason. This will blow your mind..
But I mentioned that issue as well.

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

Tial Bov , no complaints and easy install

Thanks dude. Any benefit from install or just added release noise?

Last edited:

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In general - aftermarket BOVs hold more boost than the stock BPVs - higher quality parts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I read that as well. However, is there any benefit to holding more boost besides a louder noise under the hood when it releases? The videos I heard are loud enough to be annoying, so I opted to skip this mod.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is no benefit. “Holding more boost” I’m not even sure what that means. The valve opens when turbos are spooled up and the butterfly on the throttle body closes (you let off the accelerator) and it releases the excess pressure. Why you’d want to “hold boost” and increase back pressure on the turbo is beyond me. Unless the stock BOV is opening under stock boost levels at WOT, which is unlikely considering its electric, there is zero benefit.

Gargamel

Banned
Reaction score
The "why" here is important. The answer is that it does absolutely nothing for you. However, it does help make it fit into the import crowd. I am not sure how important that is to you.

Raptor1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The benefit of an aftermarket bov is that it can hold more pressure. For example, some bov on vehicles are plastic and begin to leak past a limit. Unless you are trying to target over 25 psi then there really is no benefit other than the noise.

I have a 1991 eagle talon tsi with a holset turbo at 30psi running a crushed 1g bov. Holds pressure great.

OP
OP
P

Punishr

Reaction score
Now those are helpful replies. Thank you. Yeah I dont care about the noise particularly.. Though I'm not against it. I would love to hear the turbos more though... Can't hear them at all. I can't hear them on my AtsV either though. Just miss the days I had a lightning I guess. Supercharger just made every throttle poke awesome.