Advice on pickup/delivery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ordered nov 15
built march 11
pick up next week

any advice on pickup or what to look out for?
thx!

MWoods26

Reaction score
How do you know for sure you pick it up next week? Just curious because I ordered Nov. 9th and have the same build date. My dealer has known NOTHING every step of this process so I have no idea when mine is actually suppose to arrive.

OP
OP
D

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How do you know for sure you pick it up next week? Just curious because I ordered Nov. 9th and have the same build date. My dealer has known NOTHING every step of this process so I have no idea when mine is actually suppose to arrive.

dealer called and told me delivery scheduled for next week

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score

Go to the track your order sticky and click the ford chat link... give the rep your Vin and they'll tell you where it's at and when it's eta is to the dealer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dealer said almost certain delivery this week.

Hard to believe from a 3/11 build, but will see.

How long did you guys take to inspect before taking?

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
Dealer said almost certain delivery this week.

Hard to believe from a 3/11 build, but will see.

How long did you guys take to inspect before taking?

Mine was built 3-7 was supposed to get dropped at dealer on 3-18 but they say allow 2-3 days for prep. My guy would've called if it showed up tho... so who knows! Waiting for a call back from him.

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm getting kind of nervous myself (mine is a 3/11 build as well)... the last update I had was that it was supposed to arrive at my dealer no later than yesterday. I called my sales guy a few minutes ago, and he said that it hasn't arrived yet... so I called Ford Performance to see what the deal is.

Their feedback indicated that as of yesterday, the shipper is in possession of the truck but that they have no ETA to the dealer. If the dealer was local to me, this wouldn't be a big deal... however, my dealer is 1200 miles from me, and my flight reservations have been made. I'm hoping that since my dealer is all of 8-10 miles from the plant where the truck was built, that the shipper will be able to get it there PDQ... 'cause if Friday morning rolls around and I don't have a truck to drive home, I'm going to be mighty pissed.

The good news is that my sales guy knows that I'm flying in, and I was clear with him that I expect to be able to pick up the truck on Friday morning... so hopefully he'll be able to get some folks motivated to get the truck onsite there at the stealership and get it prepped before I get there.

Update: I just heard from my sales guy, who said that after some checking around, he has been assured that the truck will definitely be there in time. I take that as a good sign, but while I am a lifelong Texan, I have a lot of extended family in Missouri (which I'm sure you all remember from your elementary school geography class is the Show Me state. We'll see, I s'pose. :)

Last edited:

AKSteve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove my truck home about 3-4 hours after it arrived at the dealership. I'm crossing my fingers that they actually even did a PDI because it had 15 miles on it when I drove it home. One weekend road trip and 700 miles later and (knock on wood) not one problem or complaint. I'm sure people who see me driving around wonder what's wrong with me because I've just been driving around smiling for the past 5 days.

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm getting kind of nervous myself (mine is a 3/11 build as well)... the last update I had was that it was supposed to arrive at my dealer no later than yesterday. I called my sales guy a few minutes ago, and he said that it hasn't arrived yet... so I called Ford Performance to see what the deal is.

Their feedback indicated that as of yesterday, the shipper is in possession of the truck but that they have no ETA to the dealer. If the dealer was local to me, this wouldn't be a big deal... however, my dealer is 1200 miles from me, and my flight reservations have been made. I'm hoping that since my dealer is all of 8-10 miles from the plant where the truck was built, that the shipper will be able to get it there PDQ... 'cause if Friday morning rolls around and I don't have a truck to drive home, I'm going to be mighty pissed.

The good news is that my sales guy knows that I'm flying in, and I was clear with him that I expect to be able to pick up the truck on Friday morning... so hopefully he'll be able to get some folks motivated to get the truck onsite there at the stealership and get it prepped before I get there.

Update: I just heard from my sales guy, who said that after some checking around, he has been assured that the truck will definitely be there in time. I take that as a good sign, but while I am a lifelong Texan, I have a lot of extended family in Missouri (which I'm sure you all remember from your elementary school geography class is the Show Me state. We'll see, I s'pose. :)

You have mighty big balls to be buying a plane ticket before the truck is actually there lol.

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have mighty big balls to be buying a plane ticket before the truck is actually there lol.

Just-in-time inventory is the way of the future, man!! ;-P

Seriously, though, in order to get decent pricing on the ticket, I had to buy it a couple weeks out (thankfully, it's only something like $104). Not wanting my truck to sit at the stealership for a couple of weeks before I show up to get it, I have been trying to time things just right... as I mentioned, it was originally supposed to arrive no later than the 19th, so I figured I'd give a few extra days as "fudge factor" allowance. I may be cutting it a bit close, though... :biggrin: