ADVICE NEEDED - Cancel Order and Buy Used?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dannym2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I placed my order 11/25 - 2018 Oxford White SCREW 802a with orange accent, tailgate step, and rear heated seats - $65k. Last I checked with Ford Performance (last Friday - 12/15) it has not been scheduled. I was browsing the web today and found a used 2017 3.5 hours from me. Specs: 2017, 6k miles, 802a, moonroof, orange accent, carbon fiber, beadlocks, applique, heated steering wheel, hood graphics, tech package, rear heated seats, and stowable ramps. This truck has an original sticker of $71,315 and the dealer is asking $68,999.

Do I need to be patient and wait for mine? The used one has more of the "want" features than my order, but I don't "need" them. The CarFax shows it as a 2-owner with the first owner being only 600 miles which doesn't make sense to me, but it is accident free. I don't think I would be happy at $68,999, but maybe in the area of $67,500?

Also, has anyone cancelled an order? Would I get my $1,000 deposit back since it hasn't been scheduled yet?

Sorry for the lengthy post, but any feedback is appreciated! Thanks in advance.

fx4210

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure you can get your deposit back.. there was one dealer who specifically would not take my order unless it was a supercrew because they didn't want me to back out take my money leaving them with the scab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davidl81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get the truck you wanted. A used 2 owner truck of that age would scare me off as well.

I do agree on waiting mostly because of the fact that the used truck had two owners. If it was a one owner truck then I would not be as concerned.

FWIW if you do not have a build date yet best case you are two months out from taking delivery of your ordered truck. It's not a super long time to wait, but I would not fault you for not wanting to wait.

The deposit will just depend on if you signed anything with the dealer that states the deposit is non-refundable. Generally they will give you the deposit back, but its hard to say for sure.

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would not buy a used 2 owner raptor unless the discount was substantial.

Meaning 20% below sticker.

IMO wait for the truck you ordered or keep searching for a new one at MSRP.

phatjoe

Banned
Reaction score
I'd be patient and wait.

Just to repeat everyone....I don't like the 2 owner aspect of it.