Advantages of 2016 Delivery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I see a lot of folks saying that they need to take delivery before the end of the year. Is there some financial benefit? At this point, I'm actually hoping to take delivery on 1/2/17 so that I don't have to pay personal property taxes on it until 2018. Am I missing out on something that would offset this advantage?

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
It's a tax write off for those who own businesses and will use it as work truck. I believe they get to write off the entire purchase price.

Bassman

Reaction score
My current F-150 is being sold to a business, so they need to purchase it before the end of the year for tax purposes, evidently. I think a lot of us on the forum are in the same situation, holding on to our current rides until the new truck comes in. Personally, I am getting several thousands more selling it than trading it in, so I hope that I don't lose my buyer while waiting for the Raptor to be delivered.

u0104940

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, purchasing for business such as mine is for the tax write off. Main reason for my purchase was we had a really good year. Better to spend on items for the company than give to the government. Regardless of when I take delivery on the new Raptor, I won't sell my current Raptor until next year.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes the good old tax man... I picked up my Raptor of the dealer lot at the end of the year for the same reason in 2013 instead of ordering it. I could have gotten a better deal from my fleet dealer but needed it by end of the year for the tax write off.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I thought the raptor doesnt meet the desired 6000 lb weight limit for full deduction,

any accountants on here?

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It meets the weight limit, but not the bed size. It has to have a 6' bed to write off the whole thing.

u0104940

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It meets the weight limit, but not the bed size. It has to have a 6' bed to write off the whole thing.

Correct, It is a deprecation write-off. At least in CA it is. About 20-25% of the complete purchase price can be written off.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Raptor is over 6000lb weight required, the 5.5' bed is the cago space limitation for the full tax write off as 6' is what is written in the tax law.